06: The cat is out of the box

As the Madrigals and the Guzmans sat around the kitchen table, Miranda sat between Tío Agustin and Mirabel.

"The Guzmans and the Madrigals together will be perfect for the Encanto."

Abuela said to Mariano and Señora Guzman.

"Yes. Then, let's hope tonight is not a terrible disaster!" Señora Guzman joked as Abuela laughed heartily. "To a perfect night!" Abuela announced.

"Salud!" she added, as she raised her glass of wine.

"Salud!" everyone repeated, as they raised their glasses.

As the people were having small chats with each other around the table, Mirabel and Dolores were having a staring contest. Miranda silently prayed that Dolores will not spill anything.
She kept squeaking as she stared at Mira, then her.

"Avocado?" Mariano asked while shoving a bowl of avocado to Mirabel's face.

She grunted and pushed the bowl aside, only to see Dolores whispering to Camilo.

He started to cough and shifted into Mirabel, Miranda, then a scary version of Bruno, but after he shifted back to himself his face was all wonky and mixed up. Miranda held back a giggle because he looked like a fish, which was hilarious to her.

"Camilo, fix your face." Felix whispered.
He shook his head to make his face return to normal. He looked at Miranda with a concerned look, then looked at Mirabel.

"Water?" Isa asked, shoving a jug of water to Mirabel's face. Grunting again, she pushed the jug aside, only to find out that Camilo had already whispered the secret to Felix.

Gripped with sudden shock, Felix spat out the water he was drinking all over Mariano. Felix wiped the rest of the water from his mouth with his hand, covering it with a cough while Camilo held back a laugh, his face red as a tomato.

"Mirabel, the cream, please?" Abuela spoke, trying to stop the awkwardness.

"Pa, the, uhm, cream?" Mirabel asked with a forced smile.

Agustin laughed nervously as he passed the cream down with shaky hands. Miranda just sat as silent as a mouse, trying not to make any eye contact.

Just when she let her eyes settle to her plate of food, a huge thundercloud appeared above the table.

"Oh no. " Miranda mentally facepalmed myself. Pepa glared at her and Mirabel with her mouth agape, and if looks could kill they would've greeted the afterlife by now.

"Pepa! The cloud." Abuela reminded her worriedly, a strained smile on her face.

"Clear skies, clear skies, clear skies..." Pepa mumbled, stroking her hair agressively.

Pepa then passed the secret to Julieta, who stared at the girls in horror as her jaw also fell agape.

They tried to avoid eye contact, but the cracks were starting to worsen. Mirabel tried to examine the cracks under the table, but she hit her head with a loud thud.

"Mirabel, everything okay?" Mariano asked, concerned.

"Oh, everything's great!" Agustin interrupted and laughed. "She's just excited, for you to propose, which, uh, you should do!"

"Yes!" Miranda chirped in.

"As fast as you can!" Agustin continued.

"Uhh, I was actually gonna-" Mariano said awkwardly.

"You were actually gonna, great!" Mirabel interrupted, while forcibly turning Isabela's chair around so she could face Mariano. Isabela gave her a deathly glare and smiled sweetly to her soon to be fiance, but Miranda noticed that her smile was a little forced, confusing her.