Chapter Twenty-One

A few weeks had past. Fae had training session after training session. Just when she thought she was done with it all, Eon broke the news to her of a possible education.

"What?!" Fae exclaimed in both confusion and frustration. Hadn't she been educated enough as a young Vee? Eon shook his head. "You need to pay close attention, Fae. If you had been, maybe you could have seen that Gothita as being who she was."

Fae grunted. Again, it was difficult to tell who was who in a world full of nice Pokémon. Of course, she wouldn't say that to her brother. He probably was doing this for her own good.

"Fine," she huffed, lifting her head to the sky. She wouldn't look at her brother.

She heard Eon sigh. But he didn't seem to comment on her sudden attitude. Eon signaled to her with his tail, nodding his head towards Hericius who was wearing glasses. The shiny seemed to be reading something.

And she's in a classroom. Great. To make it more of a school feel. Fae thought deadpanned. She took a deep breath. She really didn't want to do this. But it was for her brother's sanity. She approached the unaware Chespin with a smile. She could do this. If anyone could, she could. Learning new things that weren't moves was her greatness strength.

"Here you go. Hericius will also teach you some of the things your mother might have overlooked...or just misinformed you of. You'll be in here for five hours each and every day. I'm sorry, but I feel like this is for the best. We can always play later." Eon informed. He then rubbed his paws together as his tail wagged a bit. "He he he. Now time to go bug Churro with that joke Fergus told me earlier."

The Umbreon then slipped away, and Fae was left with the shiny Chespin once again. It seemed out of all the Pokémon in the Starter Squad, she was being left with the shiny Chespin. Not that she didn't mind. She adored the slightly taller, yet younger individual. She thought of her as a Pokémon who she could imagine being friends with even if they were going their separate ways.

The shiny Chespin didn't turn around. Fae approached her, reaching out with a paw. She wanted to let her know she was here.

"It's good to hear you, Fae," the shiny remarked, unmoving. How— "I've been waiting for you. Welcome to class." The shiny then turned around with a smirk, dramatically waving her paws around towards the classroom.

Fae wasn't amused as she deadpanned the younger monster. "Ah, I see it's going to take a lot to please you, my friend. Only the best lessons from your favorite shiny Chespin friend. Perhaps your only shiny Chespin friend?" Hericius joked lightly with a wink.

Fae rolled her eyes. Was this what the shiny was like normally? Or was she just joking around to lighten the mood and encourage Fae to have fun? Either way the shiny pointed at a seat and told her to sit down. Which she reluctantly did.

How long was this going to take?

This honestly was never the kind of adventure Fae was hoping for with her brother. What happened to running around and finding treasures or perhaps find new friends along the way—of course meeting Hericius was a treat as well. She just didn't think that this was much of an adventure. What part of learning meant adventuring anyhow?

Fae looked up at Hericius expectantly. What kind of lessons was she going to teach her anyhow? I bet I know everything. I know what kind of Pokémon most Pokémon are anyways. They're all divided into about eighteen types, right? Fae settled down and relaxed as Hericius began their one on one lesson.

"...And that's why Tentacruel are so angry half the time." Hericius finished.

Fae huffed in boredom.