Chapter Thirty-Three

Fae gasped as she looked at the destruction around her. Did the Fennekin tribe come and attack this village while she was gone?

Fae felt bad. Maybe she shouldn't have gone out to get help.

However, the truth of what happened wasn't very far away. One of the elder Eevee was stumbling around in a daze. The orange color of the Eevee was covered in scratch marks, blood, and bruises.

Fae approached the elder with shock. "What happened?" She asked him as she glanced around. Was whoever did this still here?

Fae grit her teeth, awaiting a response.

The elder coughed, placing a paw over his chest. "He...betrayed us." The elder forced out softly.

What? Who betrayed them?

"Corvus destroyed our village, and now he's on his way to destroying the Fennekin Tribe." The Orange elder informed Fae.

What? How was this possible? Corvus wanted peace for his village. Why would he do something like this? Fae didn't understand. Was he that upset with her?

"How do you know where he's going?" Fae asked the elder. The orange Eevee coughed before speaking. His voice was obviously starting to fail him. "The...Darkrai was ordering him around. It was weird. Now, he's been ordered to destroy the other village. We don't know why this Darkrai is after us."

Fae froze.

A Darkrai? What was that stupid teadrinker doing here? And why was he after her friends now?

Fae shook her head to herself as Lazarus and Zen approached the elder. "So an Eevee destroyed this village? Fae, I thought you said it was a tribe of Fennekin who was attacking this place." Zen remarked confused.

Fae nodded. "I did. This is news to me. But I do suppose this is just as important. I have a feeling that Darkrai hypnotized Corvus into doing this." Fae remarked.

Zen and Lazarus stared at her in confusion. "A Darkrai hypnotized? It makes sense, but why would this Darkrai do this?"

Fae sighed. There was still so much explaining to do to not only this village and tribe, but also to her new friends as well. There was no right way to piece her words together. Unless she was really smart, which she wasn't.

"I don't know why. This Darkrai seems to have followed me and my brother all the way out here."

Fae then gasped. "Wait, where is Eon and Neri?!" She exclaimed, feelings of worry burying deep into her chest as she looks around. She then looks back at the orange Eevee expectantly.

The older orange Eevee coughed as his tail twitched in agony. "Eon and Neri? The Umbreon? Well, I suppose they're okay. They went off to help the Fennekin tribe when they heard. I don't know why we're both being targeted, but please go help."

The orange Eevee then noticed the Zacian and Zamazenta. He gasped.

"Old friends!" He exclaimed. Lazarus dipped his head while Zen stared at the older Pokémon with a straight face. "It's great you're here, Laz, Zen. It would appear we've gotten ourselves into a pit too deep. I know you've always been busy, but could you two spare the time to help us? I know that we greatly hate this Fennekin village, but there's young and old there who don't stand a chance against a Darkrai. Or a Mewtwo."

A Mewtwo? He's here too? That scientist? Damn. Did they bring anyone else?

"Don't worry, sir. We will go and help this Fennekin village. Perhaps with this you can finally get the rest you deserve. Hopefully they'll be willing to stop this war after this." Fae promised.