𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: truth untold

silence sometimes speaks louder than words

my back was still facing him. yeah, why did i disappear?

"this is none of your business, jake. i didn't vanish when we were still a thing, so i don't think i owe you an explanation."

"there she is. the fierce and elegant young woman.", jake scoffed and approached me with his glass of whiskey in his hand. i turned around, only to be pushed against the door and facing him.

jake's face wasn't even a few inches away from mine, i could literally feel his breath against my cheek.

"fine then. you really don't owe me anything. but i'll make sure you fall for me again so we can start over."

"you're a dreamer after all, sim.", i pushed him away. "i still need to go back to your apartment. i might or might nor have forgotten my bag there."

"i know.", he replied with a mischievous grin, "how about you come over again tonight? i'm quite busy right now, so i won't be able to get home until shift's over."

"is this another way of getting closer to me than allowed, jake?", i raised an eyebrow, "i'm just going to believe you. bye."

"why don't you join me for lunch instead?"

"you have tons of of employees here, why don't you ask any of them? what about that sunoo? he seems fun to be around with."

"you only met him once. and you completely embarrassed yourself in front of him." jealousy filled his voice.

"unlike you, he didn't judge."

i scoffed and left the office with a disappointing feeling.

"argh, fuck. hyewon, i didn't mean it like that!" he chased me down the hallway, but was stopped by one of his workers who approached him with question marks above his head. i laughed to myself, but it faded away once i saw what the elevator said:

elevator only for employees and visitors with given I.D.

so that's why sunoo wanted to confirm it was me. so he could give me a visitor's I.D. great.

"do you need a lift, miss?", a young man behind me asked as he put his card. on the screen next to the elevator's button. "oh, that would be great! mr. sim picked me up at the reception so i didn't get a card from the receptionist.", i sighed.

"that's fine, you can come with me." he wasn't even older than me, i believe. he looked quite young so i asked myself how he could already be in such a huge company.

yang jungwon, marketing assistant.

"are you perhaps lee hyewon? the one everybody is talking about during our break?", he asked me with an amused grinn on his face.

"how does everyone here know me? it's not like every single person is into politics."

"politics? no, mr. sim simply talks a lot about you. are you two dating? i'm not into gossiping, to be honest."