𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: chances and secrets

"ms

"ms. lee? CEO sim would be ready to welcome you now.", a younger male suddenly approached me. before i even got to say 'thank you', he already marched away.

"that's junkyu. a very great help.", jungwon giggled, "now go to your little prince charming. he's waiting."

i shook my head in annoyance and proceeded to walk towards the familiar office. a knock wasn't even necessary, jake already opened the door and smiled brightly at me.

"i'm so sorry i kept you waiting, love. come in and make yourself comfortable!"

"thanks.", i mumbled and stood in the middle of the office. just then, i noticed i accidentally stepped on something. well, not really something, it was a keychain.

the keychain riki and me bought yesterday.

"what is this doing here?" before i even got to pick it up, jake already took it and chuckled: "that's mine. i got this as a gift when i bought a lamp yesterday, the employees were giving them away for free. didn't you know?"

"seriously? riki had to buy one yesterday." something's odd.

"aye, he doesn't know the hacks yet. you get a lot of free stuff once you're shopping in there."

"have you seen riki around? i texted sunoo already, but-"

jake let out an annoyed groan and suddenly pushed me against the wall: "can you please stop talking about this little brat for a moment and focus on us?"

my eyes widened by the abrupt action, but i didn't feel the need to stop him. he got me captured between his arms and stared at me intensively, my breathing hitched as i saw his face this close to mine.

"let's fix things.", jake stated. "what i did was wrong. we both know. but i am seriously ready to change my behaviour, be a better boyfriend and treat you how you deserved to be treated. i wouldn't really say as a princess, but that fits." a grin was creeping up his face and i just stood there because i had no idea what to say.

"i would be very happy if you wanted to try again. i don't think i deserve that many chances, but i know deep down in your heart, i'm still an important person to you and you can't change that. and let's be honest here: are you really in love with riki or do you just use him to get over me?"

silence.

that's what occurred because i went silent. what was i supposed to say? he was totally right, i didn't think of riki as a boyfriend or a lover. he felt like a best friend to me, he acted differently than in japan. he was messing around and i didn't want him to. making jake jealous for no reason, they didn't even know each other that well.

"w-well..."

"i'm right, ain't i? you don't love him."

"he's a great friend, but i don't think of him as anything more than that."

jake let me go and hid his smile as well as he could. "hey, why are you so happy?", i chuckled at his behaviour.

"because that means i can still flirt with you and make you mine."

"hey, i never said that!"

just then, he pulled me closer and gave me a big hug. "it's great to know i'm not actually losing you to some jerk.", he sighed and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"you know what, hyewon? i love you very much. more than you could imagine. if i could, i'd give you the world, the whole universe!"

a smile was forming on my face before i whispered a faint 'i love you, too.'

———

"you're getting on my nerves, nishimura."

sunghoon aimed at riki's head with an annoyed sigh. "there's literally no way you're randomly doing a little vacation right in korea. what the fuck are you planning?"

the younger one was pretty worked up: tied up on a chair, little bruises on his face already.

"i think you saw the pretty obvious thing: killing jaeyun."

"what do you aim with that? god damn it, you're a sniper! you got to have an order or something!"

"and what the hell makes you think i'm going to tell everything i know?"

"because psychologists would be on my side if i said that's the only order you got.", jay entered the room, "am i right? you know nothing more than the order 'kill sim jaeyun'. you're responsible for the weapons, you don't need to know every detail your dad leaves out."

riki gritted his teeth. jay only laughed: "listen. your mission failed. and it seems like jake is sorting things out with hyewon right now. so you lose, nishimura. i suggest you get back to your crew abroad while heeseung helps you get your things out of his cousin's apartment. you have nothing to do here anymore. so fuck off."

with that, jay left the two of them alone again.

"isn't our jjongsaeng cool? aish, i really wish i could be like him!", hoon sighed, "it was nice seeing you in person. but i must say 'game over' now." he pointed the gun towards riki's head again and shot.

luckily, the gun didn't have any bullets left.

———

"mr. sim, i would like to inform you that mr. park is taking a leave now.", junkyu knocked on the door.

jake got up from his seat and patted my head: "wait here, alright? i'll be right back."

with that, i was left alone in the office. "what am i doing with life?", i groaned and laid back on the seat. was it even the right idea? was i believing him too soon?

the promise ring was shining brightly when the sun reflected on it. it was a pretty little diamond ring, even though i refused to accept his gift. it was too much, i didn't need it. but he insisted on gifting it anyway.

right then, sunghoon barged in and waved at me like he went crazy. "hyewon! it's good to see you!!"

"how are you doing, hoon?", i replied with a chuckle. "have you seen riki by any chance? i wanted to inform him about something."

"you've got a pretty ring there. did jake and you make up?", he simply ignored my question and sat in front of me.

"sunghoon, i asked you a question."

"hyewon, listen.", he sighed, "all i can say is that the world is dangerous. you were fooled by him and that's all you need to know. he had his intentions, he didn't choose you randomly. i might not know what happened in japan because it's none of my business, but seriously: stop contacting nishimura riki and cut ties."

"you're scaring me, is everything alright?"

he shook his head: "it's a secret. and it should stay a secret. for your own good."

———
𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗇𝗌 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗌𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗋𝗈𝗇𝗀. 𝗍𝗎𝗋𝗇𝗌 𝗈𝗎𝗍 𝗇𝗂𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗆𝗎𝗋𝖺 𝗋𝗂𝗄𝗂 𝗆𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖽 𝗀𝗎𝗒.