𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: a new enemy

"and you are absolutely sure you can handle yourself for the meantime?"

"of course i can. sim jaeyun is able to do everything he wants to do, so don't worry about me."

i stepped out of the bathroom and fixed the bow on the back of my head as i approached my loved one who was sitting on the couch with a bag of potato chips on his lap. "aren't you scared that your comfortable clothes will get dirty?", i chuckled at the sight in front of me.

jake turned his head towards my figure and smiled: "no need to worry about anything. you look absolutely beautiful, are you sure you're not getting ready for a date?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"i hope you have enough trust in me. i'm leaving now, i'll see you tonight!" i gave him a peck on the cheek and whispered: "sorry again about this morning. i know you wanted to spend more time with me." "it's really nothing, hyewon. i'm making sure we're having a blast next time!", he replied and patted my head: "now go, see ya."

———

"as of today, lee hyewon is going to join our group! i hope everybody will get along with my daughter because if i see anyone trying to harm her in the slightest way, i'm making sure i'll see that head roll!", my father threatened after he called every single member in.

i stood right next to jeongwoo, who happened to finally leave his position for once. his face was quite serious, it creeped me out a bit since i have never seen this side of him before.

the meeting was over and everybody proceeded to leave one by one, but my father had his hand on a boy's shoulder and dragged him to me and jeongwoo with a bright smile on his face.

black hair, fierce brown eyes, sharp facial features and a tall, muscular body. he wore a black shift, the two buttons at the top were open and a silver necklace was complimenting his collarbone. i gulped at the sight in front of me; he definitely looked intimidating.

"this, my child, is taesung. he's one of our best snipers and probably knows the most about our weapons. he started from the bottom, just like you and since you two are around the same age, i think it'd better if he taught you about handling the armaments."

i greeted him with a bow, which he returned right away. jeongwoo bid me goodbye before exiting the room as well.

now it was just taesung and me. "okay, alright.", he suddenly said and pointed to the exit, "we shall get going." "right.", i responded and followed him afterwards. the start might feel awkward, but i feel like he was comfortable to be around with. he then led me to one of the rooms in the nearest hallway.

"a newbie who dresses really well.", he commented as he closed the iron door behind him. i looked down to my outfit: a black formal dress with my usual black heels. "it's nothing special, really.", i reassured and smiled nervously. "nothing? you look like a rich princess, it suits you. well then, i am handing you this here."

he walked towards the wall full of diverse weapons: machine guns to little revolvers and also bulletproof vests. i was astounded and looked around. taesung then put one of the revolvers on the palm of my hand: "i think this should do."

his hand felt very warm, it wasn't a bad feeling. it gave me a feeling of reassurance and i really liked it. he then proceeded to explain how the whole system of aiming and shooting worked before putting it all into action.

"do you think you can demonstrate?", i asked shyly. of course i was embarrassed, there was a brilliant shooter in front of me and i didn't even dare to hold the gun properly.

"but you need to look closely.", he replied with a smirk on his face before pointing his weapon and hitting the target perfectly in the middle.

my jaw dropped open at the sight. "you were obviously trying to show off!", i teased and shook my head, "you're supposed to teach me, not to brag."

"i was just giving an example. if you do well, you'll be able to be an excellent sniper like me!", he giggled, "your turn by the way."

shoot., i thought. i then got in position and tried to follow the steps taesung just taught me. as i was ready to send the bullet, he suddenly stood behind my figure and placed his hands on mine. i could feel my cheeks burning when he fixed the weapon in my hands.

"okay, now you can." with that, i almost hit the middle of the target too. "not bad for the beginning, don't you think?" i almost jumped up in joy, but controlled myself only to smile at him: "thanks."

———

jake on the other hand read through the information jay just sent him on his phone. "an abandoned mall?", he questioned with a confused look on his face.

just then, he realised where the location was.

"by the way, should we go out this weekend? maybe we should go to that old fried chicken restaurant we used to go to when we were in high school?"

"that place still exists? i heard there was a fire in that area a few years ago, i thought the place burned till to ashes?"

"so it was them who burned down the area?"

"yo, jake! open up!", sunghoon called from the other side of the front door. as jake opened it for him, hoon already stood there completely ready in his black leather suit and fixed his gloves. "ready to take down the bad guys?"

"are you out of your mind? what if someone sees you in that outfit?", jaeyun whisper-yelled and dragged him in. "i know i look hot, why not show it to the whole world?"

"okay. then how exactly are you going to leave this building without gaining attention? sunghoon, you're on a secret mission!"

"right, i'll just borrow your clothes real quick. have you checked up on hyewon today, you weirdo? can't believe you skipped the meeting for a breakfast with her."

jake sighed: "i left her a note at the kitchen counter. plus, she deserved it after yesterday. while you go change, i'll call her."

sunghoon shrugged and did as his friend said so. jake pulled out his phone and was surprised when he received a bunch of messages.

love, 3:07
i arrived at my dad's now!
i'll text you, are you busy tonight?

love, 5:03
are you doing well~? have you
eaten? it's still quite rainy, so
take an umbrella with you in case
you're going out, okay?

love, 6:24
we'll have a dinner with my dad's
business partner's family now.
the son's a really kind one! at least
it's not boring at the table. ttyl <3

"are... you... ready?" sunghoon dramatically announced himself as he was sliding down the staircase, "for the one and only fashion icon park sunghoon!!"

"your cousin has much more style than you, please back off.", jake shook his head, "guess she's doing fine right now. let's just go." there was clearly annoyance mixed in his tone, but there was no time for him to act jealous now, he needed to concentrate on the mission he was about to fulfil.

———
𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗆𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝖺 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗋𝗂𝗏𝖺𝗅 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗃𝖺𝗄𝖾𝗒 𝖺𝗁𝖺𝗁𝖺