𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: reveal

"hyewon, it's been a month

"hyewon, it's been a month. and i think we need to discuss something.", heeseung entered my room with a stern look on his face.

the six of them were currently gathered in the living room, playing games and just enjoying each other's company. on the other side, i was reading through dad's plans he sent me.

right, a month. in just four weeks, i learned how to become one of the most skilled members among the lees. taesung was an excellent teacher, he didn't let me slip through his fingers once, he was strict and i guess all my hard work is owed to him.

which also meant that jake and me couldn't spend much time together at all. the first two weeks, i excused myself and 'went on an overseas trip on behalf of my dad'. he fully understood and we kept communicating through text messages and phone calls. i felt bad for him, really. he didn't deserve that. and as much as i wanted to tell him the truth of my double life, i feared dad a lot.

"good to see you, hee.", i smiled and put away the paperwork. my cousin sat on my bed, right on front of me and sighed. "when are you going to tell me?", he asked.

"tell you what?"

"that you've been a part of the lee group for like a month now?"

"what? what are you talking about?", i played it off and wheezed. "what is a lee group? are you okay?"

"don't play dumb with me, you've been training with taesung, haven't you? you went on missions and kept that mafia thing a secret. hanbin, an old friend of ours who also works for your dad, sent us a picture at the beginning of the month. and guess what kind of picture it was? your first day in the basement."

my jaw dropped open. "you bitch.", i dramatically exclaimed, "and you're telling me now?"

"please, the two weeks business trip was suspicious to me already. you're the worst liar i know."

"do the others know?"

heeseung shook his head: "only jungwon, sunoo and me. i'm glad the other three haven't noticed anything yet. but i don't know whether they're playing dumb or really are that naïve. but my advice is: leave the group, switch to ours. you're not safe there."

"not safe? i've been training in there and my father leads the whole thing. what is there to be scared of?"

"your own death. and jake's." heeseung handed me a folder, packed with information. "what's that?"

"plans your dad has written down last week. i was able to convince taesung to do a bit of work for me. uncle is creating some sort of plan and it doesn't look good at all."

sim's betrayal

deal has been blown off. reconsidering cooperation. next target: sim jaeyun.

hyewon is working excellently, no need to worry about.

"target?" i was beyond confused. i thought our families were perfectly fine with each other, why would they even have something against the other one?