𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: trust

"i don't know about taesung, won

"i don't know about taesung, won."

i was lying next to him while reading a book heeseung has gifted me a while ago. jake turned towards me and rested his arm around my waist: "do you feel like we need to save him, too? it's not like he'd play a big role in the future."

"taesung has been a great help to me ever since i got to join the lees. i think heeseung has explained it to you at some point.", i answered shortly and put the book away, "are you jealous of him?"

"very much.", he confessed, "hanbin regularly sent me pictures of the both of you training together, hugging and smiling like fools. you think i don't know about all these little incidents?"

i wasn't going to give him an attitude, but the deep sigh that escaped my mouth said everything. "we are friends, nothing more, nothing less. you shouldn't worry about him, i'm lying right next to you while my heart is pounding like crazy."

"i trust you, that's not the problem. i'm just fearing that i might lose you." "i simply don't get how you can be so overprotective over me, jake. i think i can decide on my own and you should trust me on that."

with that, i turned off the light and went to sleep. this day was rough enough, i didn't have any nerves left for his jealousy act.

i could feel jake hugging me closer to him and pecking my bare shoulder as he also proceeded to get some rest.

life.

———

the next morning was quite... eventful?

the boys slept over; riki was talking to his sister all night, jay created a virtual plan for us and the others... well, they slept. seemed like some of them were really tired, so the rest was well deserved.

i was still fed up by jake's behaviour yesterday night when he knew i didn't want to deal with him anymore, not after yesterday evening.

which is why i got up before him and joined jungwon in his breakfast. "you're awake!", he smiled.

"yes, because i wanted to go out before the others could actually wake up."

"where to?"

"the playground, with taesung."

"i don't think jake-"

"i'm off.", i interrupted and just left.

i didn't quite know why i was acting up like that. maybe it's because everybody simply decided to send my father to heaven... or hell. not that i was having a close connection to them, but it still hurt somewhere in my heart.

"you look dead.", taesung chuckled as i sat on the swing next to him. "rough night.", i just answered.

"i'm not asking further at this point. anyway, your dad gave me this when i left. i haven't opened it yet."

he then handed me an envelope. "why would he even pass you an envelope?" it wasn't quite interesting, it was the same note heeseung gave me when he entered my room. but since taesung didn't know about that yet, i simply played along and frowned. "what's that?"

"it seems like your father wants to get rid of his problems with other families and negotiations now. in other words: he wants to fight the others and needs your help."

"what do you mean 'my help'? i don't want to participate in this mess."

"we're taking down the sims, end of discussion, hyewon.", he suddenly ordered and got up. "don't tell that little boyfriend of yours, it's a secret. you're dead meat once you mention a word of this conversation."

"but i thought we're friends? why are you suddenly being so.. bossy?"

"it was my job to make you feel comfortable in this business. since you're at your limit now, i don't see any reason to keep this 'friendship' further." it felt like taesung's gaze was piercing through me and honestly, it scared the hell out of me.

"i assume you're in. come by tonight so we can all discuss the plan together."

without any other word, he simply left me alone. no chance, i was forced to obey. imagine what could happen if i turned my back on them, i'd be dead meat before the rest of jake's group could be.

"taesung, wait for me!"

———

the seven boys were having their breakfast in the living room together, laughing and joking around. by the time hyewon has left, jungwon was speculating what she was onto. but he was quite clueless and just informed the others that she went outside for fresh air.

"i'm kinda worried about hyewon right now. isn't she picking up?", jake asked heeseung who was peacefully munching his cornflakes. the elder one shook his head and showed the other one his lockscreen: "nothin'."

"alright, i trust her. there's nothing to worry about. last time she just went outside as well, she'll come back sooner or later." he then proceeded to text her just in case.

"i can't stand this.", jungwon suddenly got up, "she said she'd be with taesung. i'm sorry i didn't mention it earlier, i just don't have a good gut feeling right now."

sunghoon raised his eyebrows: "why would she meet up with taesung? don't tell me they're actually working together now." "what if?", sunoo questioned.

"hyewon wouldn't do something like that. no way would she just betray us and join the other league.", heeseung immediately argued, "they're probably hanging out as friends, perhaps because yesterday's plan was too much for her."

just then, riki jumped up in disbelief: "we need to get out. now!"

"why? what's wrong?"

"yeji just texted me. she's observing the bodyguards in the lobby downstairs and for whatever reason, they're preparing their guns."

"excuse me?", sunghoon widened his eyes, "preparing their guns? in this building?"

"we're using the elevator in the back. it leads us to the parking garage directly.", jake got up and grabbed the car keys, "but what about hyewon's belongings? what if she comes back?"

"trust me, those are her people. she's going to know about this here in no time. now move your ass, i wanna get through.", jay slapped his friend lightly as he grew impatient as well.

it didn't take long to get in the cars and leave immediately.

next destination, the office.

———
𝗌𝖾𝖾𝗆𝗌 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗍 𝗂𝗌 𝗀𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖽𝗈𝗐𝗇 𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗂𝗇