𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: trouble in paradise

the next morning was rather rainy, caught me off guard actually

i didn't want to get up so early, so i spent the first fifteen minutes or so lying in my bed completely still. joining jake in his room as usual wasn't an option, i simply didn't have the urge to see him.

wonwon, 8:46
i can't believe it's weekend
already! having a day off is
truly a treasure~

ddeonu, 8:47
is hyewon still dead?

hyewonnie, 8:47
mhm, mentally dead.
i came home last night

wonwon, 8:48
oh? you're really alive!
where have you been?

hyewonnie, 8:48
at my parent's. they
invited me yesterday

at this point, i was thinking whether i should expose their secret or not. after all, i knew their true identities now. and since dad already told me not to talk about it with jake, why should i mention it in our group chat?

i wanted to keep our friendship as it was at the moment. although they lied to me, i appreciate their efforts and help they have given me.

my phone slid off my hands as jake suddenly barged into my room as if an emergency happened. i sat upright immediately and stared at him in horror: "jaeyun, what the fuck?"

"thank god you're safe.", he breathed out and hugged me tightly after he reached my bed. "do you know how worried i was? at least text me a short message before you leave. are you okay? did anything happen? where have you been?"

jake bombarded me with questions while i just sat there staring at him.

"i am not in the mood right now, jake. i just want to rest.", i replied and laid down again. "hyewon, you can't be serious right now. avoiding my questions and then being petty? did i do anything wrong?"

"you're still asking? use your brain for once, please."

jake laid right next to me and placed his head in the crook of my neck. "if this is about yesterday morning, i am very sorry. i didn't mean to leave so quickly and upset you."

"you still didn't tell me what you were doing, so i don't see a reason why i should tell you what i was doing."

"hyewon, i went to work. you simply left the house. what if you were cheating on me?"

"excuse me?", i yelled and pushed him away, "why would you say that?"

"i'm just saying. don't tell me you actually did." he grinned at me. that attitude again. i hated it, he played with me and had fun with it. teasing was completely fine, but topics like those were not there to be made fun of.