𝐭𝐞𝐧: showdown

the next day, the company seemed quite friendly and calm

the next day, the company seemed quite friendly and calm. every single employee was at their assigned location and the head of the whole company was in the secret room, right behind the huge book shelf.

the plans they made were going... averagely.

"you're so bad at shooting! didn't you always brag about being so precise?", jungwon snarled at jay who happened to miss the target completely.

the older one shook his head in annoyance before taking off his safety glasses, only to shoot with one hand and hit the target right in the middle. jungwon stared at the mannequin in disbelief, regretting his words already.

"you were saying?", jay asked. the younger one immediately put his hands in the air: "nothing! i said nothing!"

"come on, you two! stop wasting time there and get over here quickly! i think riki is alone at hyewon's place and he's talking with someone on the phone!", sunghoon exclaimed.

jay and jungwon hurried over to the others as jay put on the headphones in a quick motion.

"something about his current state. now he's talking about her. wait."

jake patted jungwon's shoulder like a proud father: "quite smart of you to combine the tracker and a microphone. and the fact that you were able to put it on her ring, which she always places on the kitchen counter, is very admirable. good job."

"can we put this whole thing on the speaker? i want to eavesdrop.", sunoo asked as he was sipping on his iced coffee.

jay only rolled his eyes, but did so anyway.

"morning! i'm back with bread!", hyewon spoke out of the blue. riki was heard talking japanese before ending the phone call, only to pay attention to his lover.

"was it busy? you look kind of pale." "pale? ah, i might have gotten less sleep than usual last night."

"i actually wanted to visit a place with you, but i'm worried now."

"it's fine! where do you want to go?"

"your friend from yesterday... i heard he owns a company! even though he didn't seem to like me, i'd still like to pay him a visit! must be nice to have such a huge career going on."

"oh, the lies.", jake started to burst out in laughter.

"why does he want to visit you? and why is he involving hyewon?", sunghoon furrowed his eyebrows, "he could have simply reached out to you without her knowing."

"if you asked me, i would say he has a plan. and he's not alone.", jungwon commented, "jake, maybe you should invite them on your own?"

"why would i? i don't allow brats in this building."

sunoo nodded: "agreed. it would be suspicious if he called now to invite them right after nishimura asked her."

just then, jake's ringtone went off, only to notify them hyewon was calling. "i'll take this call and let them both in. but only if we design a plan to separate them while they're here. i have something in mind."