𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: (un)lucky

the past days, i was a mess

i didn't know how to feel and it made me upset. right when jake became important to me again, he cuts me off of his life and throws me away like i am garbage.

luckily, heeseung came by every now and then to check up on my current state, he even started to go grocery shopping for me. a true sweetheart if you asked me.

jungwon and sunoo also texted me sometimes, saying the company has turned upside down as well.

more paperwork, suddenly working overtime. since jake has been entering and exiting the company as he pleased, he let his anger out on his workers.

tsk, i thought, that's definitely not how you run a business.

"hyewon, are you up?", heeseung called from the kitchen.

i lazily got up and joined him: "didn't you say you wanted to finish that one song?"

"don't remind me of work." he rolled his eyes at me, "i'm not feeling well when you're alone. why don't you invite your friends over?"

"unfortunately, that short-tempered jerk is letting them overwork. it's been ages since the three of us met, jungwon and sunoo are simply very busy."

"mhm, i see. sorry for that."

i just nodded and drank my water.

"by the way, did you know he is coming?" and with that, i spat it out immediately: "what?"

———

someone special i was able to meet when i was overseas. and of course, i stayed in japan. it's still funny to me how no reporter or media could find out my location when my father had hid me for good.

i was heartbroken when jake broke up with me, my parents were busy with work and couldn't stand me being a living mess. sending me to my aunt for relaxation and to heal the wounds was their only option.

it took me months to get over jake and in the first weeks i was there, he stepped into my life and helped me get through it.

shortly, we started dating. a wonderful experience, he showed me the sides of relationship i never knew were existing. he treated me like a princess, made sure i could see every single bit of japan. my aunt even said she'd approve of him and laughed when he playfully asked for my hand in marriage.

of course my parents chose the most unsatisfying time to get me back to korea. they knew i was standing on my own feet stably again and tore him and me apart.

i haven't heard from him since.

———

"don't joke around, heeseung. stop trying to fool me, i'm serious."

obviously, heeseung knew him, i told him everything he wanted to know at some point.

my cousin shook his head with a grin on his face:
"this was supposed to be a surprise. but i thought it'd brighten up your mood a bit."