[Chapter 33] Bad As New

Video by: Gumi Yumi

Warning:

(POV) Quackity

____________________________________________________________

The FitnessGram™ Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues. The 20 meter pacer test will begin in 30 seconds. Line up at the start.
The running speed starts slowly, but gets faster each minute after you hear this signal. A single lap should be completed each time you hear this sound. Remember to run in a straight line, and run as long as possible. The second time you fail to complete a lap before the sound, your test is over. The test will begin on the word start...

I hear someone walking as I read, so I mumble, "s'that you, Gogy? Thought you were-" I look up. It's not George. "Oh- Jeez- Wilbur? Why are you here?"

They don't answer.

"If you're here to see Niki, her city or whatever is over there." 

"Bruh what??-" Wilbur(?) says, but then is hit with a realization, saying, "Oh-! Duh- this isn't my body! Haha- m'stupid today." 

I look up. Not Wilbur? 

They chuckle, "How's it goin, Sugar Pumpkin?" 

...

!!

"WAIT- WAIT- WHAT- no way- NO WAY- SCHLATT?!!" I yell out, and Schlatt only responds with a smirk.

"In the flesh!- erh- well- 'A' flesh."

"Wh- but- HOW?!!"

Schlatt smiles, and says, "Ah, that's not important. Plus! I'm sure the audience doesn't wanna sit through the explanation again." He's looking to his left- then winks? What- I look to my left but see nothing.

"What?-" I begin, before Schlatt throws his cigar to the side and yanks me up abruptly, "Come on! Stand up, let me look at ya!" I feel as uncomfortable as I did the last time I saw him- times never change do they?

"It's nice to see ya for real, buddy. Been way too long..." I try to move, but Schlatt firmly keeps his grip on me, "Yunno how long I've been all on my lonesome?"

"Uh..." Before I can say anything, Schlatt goes up to my ear and states in a semi-angry tone, "Thirty-Six. Fucking. Years. I finally figured out how to come back after fourteen. I asked you for one favor back then- just one. You took your sweet, sweet time helping me out, didn't you."

I push Schlatt off, and retort, "H- Hey-! Hold on! That wasn't MY fault-! Dream wouldn't cooperate with me- he didn't give it to me!-" I feel pain on my arm and look down to see Schlatt, his grip firm on my arm, twisting it.

"Then ya weren't trying hard enough! Did you not want me to come back?! Huh?!"

I could feel myself shaking, trying not to tear up.  

"Why didn't you--" Schlatt begins, before stopping. He loosens the grip on my arm, before bringing it up to show.. the rings. 

"Sugar Pumpkin..? Are you- no. You're- NOT my Sugar Pumpkin anymore, are you."

I could feel the tension rising, the air was so thick you could probably cut it with a knife!

"Let-- go-!!" I say, struggling to get his hand off my arm. He yanks me onto the ground, where he proceeds to forcefully take out my wings. Shit- shit shit shit- I can't move--

"You weren't planning on bringing me back at all were you?! The moment I'm gone you just throw me away!"

The tears start to form under my eyes, as the stress on my wings begin to hurt. 

"You could've said something yunno, so I'd know in advance how hard I'll have to kick your ass!!"

I was about to break into a sob, but all of a sudden Schlatt lets go of my wings, followed by the sound of fire zooming past us. Next thing I knew, someone yanked me (what's with all the yonking :( ) backwards, hugging me close. I look up to see.. Karl. Oh thank god-

"Don't you put a finger on him." Sapnap states sternly, walking up in front of me.

"Ah. You must be the unlucky gentlemen." Schlatt responds blandly.

"Karl, stay inside with Alexis and Charlie. I'll get rid of Wilbur."

Another, familiar, voice could be heard in the background. "Wilbur?! My friend's here?!!"

Karl begins, "Charlie no-" but it's too late, because Charlie quickly zooms past us to hug Schlatt, not knowing who he really is. 

Schlatt mumbles something to Slime.

"Oh! You're not Wilbur OR Ghostbur from New Nevadas..?"

He says something else.

"You're.."

Schlatt smiles.

"Y- You're- You're Jschlatt from L'manburg..!" Charlie says, and for the first time, fear could be heard in his voice.

"CHARLIE!! MOVE!!" Sapnap yells, I yelling afterwards, "SAPNAP WAIT!!"

Slime begins to run away, but Schlatt pulls him back.. bringing Charlie in front of him..

"CHARLIE!!" I scream. Slime doesn't move. He instead stares at me.. smiling, as the fireball gets closer to him.

"Is this what it's like to be human, Quackity from Kinoko Kingdom?"

An explosion could be heard, slime splattering everywhere. Once the fire extinguished, the only thing that remained were a perfectly fine Schlatt, and a slime-soaked hoodie. I begin to cry. Not bursting into a sob, not crying into one of my fiances shoulders. Just.. crying, then and there. I lost Charlie.. my friend.. no- this can't be it- 

I fall to the ground, Karl going to hug me. I don't care about what that bastard goat has to say- he killed Slime. He- He killed him.. NO! This isn't real- none of this is real- Schlatt's not alive- Slime is alive- right!? TELL ME I'M RIGHT!

"Quackity?"

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

"Hey- can you hear me??"

...

"Please- you gotta get up, we need to-" 

"Alexis- I'm so sorry- I didn't think- I'd never--"

I stand up, Sapnap shouting, "What are you doing?!"

"He's got two more lives, I checked ages ago. He's gonna be respawning soon." I say, no hint of emotion in my voice.

"Hang on! I'm coming with. I don't want that freak coming near you again." 

We stare at each other, before I accept defeat, mumbling, "..Alright. It's gonna be a long walk, we should get going."

Karl shouts from behind, "Guys, wait up! I wanna come too!" We both look behind to see- IS THAT A PORTAL?! WHY IS KARL WALKING IN IT?!

"Karl??!"

Sapnap reassures me, well more like tries, saying, "He does that sometimes! Don't worry, he'll be back later!" I look back for a moment more, before going to walk to.. New Nevadas.