14. #MOM SAID I'M COOL

Hey guys,sorry for the late update,I got busy with things😔,so here is a new chapter,in a new POV😍

Love from me❤️

      ♧IYIKUNLE KUTI♧

       ♡If pills were my favourite?♡

"Damn these pills," I muttered to myself. I have been staring at this pills for some minutes now. I know if I don't take them I will be fucking weak. I woke up today only to realize that I have refused to take these pills for a long time. Now my body needs it like it's my oxygen.

My friends, Bamidele and Felix are on their way here. Despite the fact that we are close, I do not want them finding out about my secret, that I am weak. That's because I am IK, who would believe me when I say I'm weak? I laugh humourless at that thought.

I'm popular, Summerstar golden boy and basketball King, an academic scholar. I wouldn't want to exchange that popularity for a piece of secret which would, at the end of the day, ruin my life. I shudder at that thought.

Although I'm not the type to care about reputation and stuff, most people have expectations of me and how they want me to be but I'm me. Not the expected golden boy at times. It's just basketball game is something special to me and I know for sure if this information leaks out to the public, I might not be able to play the sports again, which I can't even dream of.

"I can't imagine," I say to myself. I quickly grab the pills and gulp it down with water in the glass I'm holding.

"Iyi! Iyi! Iyi!" Mom shouts my name and I quickly stand up to meet my mom. My mom comes in. She's in her late thirties yet she looks like a lady about to rock her late twenties. Rose, my mom, is the chubby type. She isn't fat but she has an average height and she is fucking dripping in melanin. My mom owns a restaurant. She loves to cook and so she owns one. A business woman.

Right now she's dressed in a black t-shirt and a white sweatpants. She didn't even bother to pack her hair.

"How's my favourite mom today?" I smile down at her considering I'm way taller than she is. I bend down to tug at her cheeks. My mom burst into laughter when I did that to her and gosh, I just adore her.

"You always talk like you have another mom elsewhere," She says and I chuckle.

"Well, well, you know I have none other than you," I started and she smiles. Her eyes drifts from my face to the ground and her smile drops. I was about to ask her what was wrong when I noticed the pack of pills on the tiled floor with the bottle of water. I knew that was the reason for her smile to drop.

"You know Iyi, I wish you dont have to use this all the time," She says while dropping on my bed.

"I have no choice mom. It has even become worse these days," I tell her and she nods. Oh yes, I have to tell you I do not keep secrets from my mom even though I do keep a lot from my friends. My family is my family.

"Okay but just know one day, you will be free from all this. I promise," She says and I smile. She stands up to hug me and I hug her back.

"Iyi, I am going downstairs sha, your food will be ready soon," She says as she starts to leave. I remember I was going to tell her that my friends are come over.

"Hey Mom, my friends are coming over," I say and she nods before replying.

"Okay, I will make some for them also," She says and I smile. Mom and carefree attitude.

"Thanks mom,"I reply and she smiles. She was about to close the door to my bedroom when she shouts.

"Yeeh! Iyi, I was meant to tell you something important and here I am already leaving without delivering my message." She says and starts walking back to me.

"So like your favourite mom has a dinner to attend with her business partner and she was asked to come along with her favourite son," She says and I chuckle.

"Gbefun, mummy Ik," I shout and she laughs.

"Okay, I have heard o but that means we would be visiting Big man next," I say and her smile drops a little. Big man is my grand father, my mom's dad. They never had a good relationship since I could remember. Big man is always nice to her but she doesn't look interested in associating with him and it always breaks my heart to see the two people I love drift apart.

"Okay deal," Her voice brought me from wherever I have gone. I smile at her and she returns it.

"Well surprise me in black o." She says and I smile.

"Okay ma'am," I say while I did a mock salute.

"Iwo omo yi," She smiles and turns around to leave. I just chuckle.

"I hope this dinner is not boring," I say to myself.

Meaning of some words there 😉

Iwo omo yi_you this child.

So like you guys should vote, comment,and share.

Please don't leave me hanging.

Encourage me o😔😍

Bing Bong😁❤️