- 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗝𝗝 Maybank received the call from Marie Floresʼs secretary, he was more than eager to start back up at the job again. No Jack meant no fist fights, and Flores meant big money. His friends, of course, weren't as excited as he was about the job — Kie, in particular, who couldn't stand the thought of anybody she loved being within a five meter radius of their daughter. But JJ needed the money, and he'd be lying if he said he didn't want to see the kook queen again.

And there she was.

Sitting at a table and bickering with her younger brother, Kaci Flores was right there in eye sight.

JJ Maybank hooked up with people a lot. Whether they were a pouge, a kook or a touron — he knew by now that he could get basically anybody he wanted. And although there were many different people, each and every one of them had one thing in common: they always tried again; they always came back for more.

Except Kaci. Kaci disappeared and never so much as looked at him again.

Maybe it was his bruised ego, or maybe those twenty-four hours really did mean something to him, but JJ wanted to find out why. He wanted to make her come back. And now he was in the perfect place to do that. Her familysʼ hotel. The place she lived.

"Do that again, Jordan, and i swear to God, I will kill you," Kaci hissed at her immature brother, throwing a fry back at his face.

The fourteen year old grinned and kicked his sister in the leg from under the table.

"You are actually the most annoying human I have ever met."

"You've got fat feet."

"I do not have fat feet."

Kaci did have fat feet. Very fat feet now she was almost a month through her third trimester of pregnancy. She hated the way her body felt, she hated the easy swellings and bruises she got over nothing — Kaci simply hated being pregnant.

If she had to be grateful for one thing about it, it would be the fact her stomach didn't expand much until last month. However, according to Google, that meant that throughout the next two months, she'd swiftly grow to be like a grizzly bear. All those missing months of baby belly were finally going to hit her. And they were going to hit fast. A woman online actually told Kaci that hers didn't begin to grow all the way until her eighth month — one month before she gave birth to the thing —, and after a single week of the growth, she couldn't see her feet anymore. Another said it was a sign of misscarriage, but Kaci didn't want to allow thoughts like that into her brain.

"Order's ready?"

Kaciʼs eyes darted to the floor at the sudden voice. She recognised it. She really recognised it. She was not ready to face him yet. Not yet. She needed more time to work on the courage.

Her brother, however, didn't get the memo of ignoring their waiter. "Yo!" Jordan slapped his sister in the arm with a buzz of excitement. "Look! Remember him, Kace?! He's the one that punched Jack!"

JJ smirked cockily as Kaci slowly turned up to look at him through her sunglasses, biting at her cheeks to spare a neutral look. "Yeah, you remember me, Kace?" the boy asked with a cocked brow.

"Yeah, I remember you — you got fired for punching the old manager in the face." She slowly took off her glasses and delicately placed them on the table in respect. Her parents would've killed her if she left them on and had a conversation.

JJ looked at her in a way she couldn't break eye contact. The smirk on his face was evident and she didn't miss the meaning of it in the slightest — he knew he had her trapped in a bubble. She felt sick. She began to wonder what he would do if she came out and spilled her secret right that second. Would he run? Would he stay? Would he shout?