- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝗞𝗮𝘇 𝗟𝘂𝗶𝘀 Flores was born on Thursday, the 30th August, 2020, at 03:19 to the parents of JJ Maybank and Kaci Flores. His name meant ʼfamous destroyerʼ, which the couple both thought was perfect considering everything that had happened to get them to this place — and JJ found it funny to think of a giant boulder whenever he thought of his kidʼs name. The sleeping angel currently lay in the arms of his mother, while his father sat beside, wiping his eyes as his best friends shook his shoulders in congratulations.

"Are you sure you don't want it to be at least hyphenated?" the girl questioned again, holding the baby close to her chest.

JJ shook his head. "The last thing I wanna do is give him my last name," he answered honestly. "I don't want him to have the kind of crap that comes with carrying it."

Kaci nodded understandingly, reaching out to hold his hand again, seeing the sad look in his eye as he mentioned his family. "I love you," she told him, aloud and for the first time ever. "And I love the life and the family we have together."

JJʼs smile grew at her words. He already knew she did, but it was one thing knowing and another to hear the words ʼI love youʼ come out of Kaci Floresʼs mouth. "I love you, too, Princess." He was so fucking happy. JJ wasn't sure if anything in the world could top the feeling he had the night he and Kaci welcomed their baby boy into this world. He had his girl and he had his boy — and there was nothing else he needed more than that.

"Okay, let Auntie Kie have a turn now," Kiara finally spoke up, jumping at the chance to meet the baby. Kaci chuckled and turned to her other side, holding Kaz up so Kie could take him off her hands. "Oh, my God, he's so little! Pope, come here! He's perfect!"

Obediently, the boy stood up from his seat, nodding to the parents in acknowledgement. "I'm proud of you guys," he said, and stood beside Kie to greet the kid. "You're gonna do good by him."

Hearing Kiaraʼs excited squeals at the back of the room, Kaci and JJ laughed lightly as they turned back to each other again, their hands touching. The girl looked exhausted, but she seemed the happiest anyone had ever seen her as. She was beautiful, and JJ couldn't have picked out the better girl to be the mother of his baby.

"You need anything?" he asked her softly.

She breathed slowly, letting out a short yawn, and nodded. "Can you get me some water?"

"Yeah, of course." JJ leaned over to press a light kiss to her forehead before leaving the room.

A few moments later, the door opened. Kaci sat up, expecting to see her boyfriend with a bottle of water, but instead found that her midwife was back again.

"Hey, Kaci, I'm just here to say that all your bills have been paid for, so you and the baby are welcome to stay for another twenty four hours," she said kindly.

Kaci furrowed her brows. She knew that she and JJ didn't pay, and neither did the others. "By who?" she questioned.

"Mr Flores."

𖧷

𝗗𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 birth, the boy had almost forgotten he was in a huge hospital, filled by thousands of people and families. The bright, white lights seemed a lot brighter as he walked down the halls for the second time that night — this time, as a father. A real one. He turned a sharp corner to get to the water fountain and pour Kace a well-deserved drink. He was so proud of her. He couldn't imagine being in that kind of pain — from his position, it seemed unbearable. But if anybody could've gotten through that whilst listening to a true crime podcast, it was his girl, Kaci Flores.