- 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗿𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 bags in her hands, Kaci Flores walked over to the dock with everyone, where Pope and Kie were finally coming back from their late night out. The others weren't so sure why she felt the need to pack so heavily, but she told them that there was no way she was leaving again without every shoe she owned.

JJ was just happy that they were finally running away together. He knew this would always turn out to be their future - living up on a calm beach, far away from all the horrors of his childhood, as they raise their son together. He held Kaz up with one hand, the kid cuddled into his side, and he carried the baby bag over his other shoulder, his hand on Kaciʼs lower waist.

"Guys, don't tie up!" he called to Pope and Kie, who were preparing to park the boat beside the dock. "Stop!"

"What?" asked Kie, crossing her arms as JJ came running down the steps with Kaz on his hip.

"We're dipping." He held his hand out to help Kaci down the steps, and Luis, John B and Sarah came down right behind them.

"Wait, why?" asked Pope.

"What?" said Kie. "What are you talking about?"

JJ lifted Kaz higher up his side as they neared the edge of the dock, holding him tight in safety. The baby grinned at the sight of all his family, not having a clue what was going on. He threw out his arms when he saw his Auntie Tomato.

Kie smiled back to him, distracting herself for a moment, and took him out of JJʼs arms. Only once the baby was tucked into her side did she go back to sending her looks of clear confusion to the others.

"Where did you guys go?" questioned John B. "What happened last night?"

"We slept on the break," answered Pope simply, still holding onto the rope. "What's up?"

"Slept, right. Yeah," said JJ unbelievingly, jumping onto the boat and patting Pope on the shoulder. Kaz giggled, trying to join in on the conversation, and he playfully stuck his tongue out at him. "We were up all night."

Kaci yawned tiredly, and JJ threw his arms out at her to prove his point. Luis helpfully took a few bags from her arms, and the two siblings joined the others on the boat.

"We gotta get the hell out of here," John B stated urgently, he and Sarah being the last to hop aboard.

"Rafe knows we're here, so we have to leave, like, now," the girl hurriedly explained.

"Okay."

"Come on."

As everybody got ready to leave again, JJ found a corner to sit down on the boat. He pulled Kaci towards him, keeping his arms on her waist and taking away all her anxiety. He pressed a gentle kiss on her shoulder and promised, "We're gonna have a better life here."

Kaci rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I'm not catching fish for the rest of my life."

"You'll love it," he assured her, brushing her hair to the other side so he could rest his chin on her shoulder. "We'll teach Kaz how to surf, raise him on a beach, teach him how to get a girlfirend -"

Kaci smacked him on the arm, turning around to face him with a glare. "He's not getting a girlfriend."

JJ shrugged. "Boyfriend, then. I don't care."

The girl rolled her eyes at him, not wanting to discuss her newbornʼs dating life anytime in the next seventeen years. She leaned back on JJ, finding a comfortable spot inbetween his legs.

Ever since the day she met the blonde boy, he'd always spoken about running away, living a life together off the grid. She never understood it until they had Kaz. All she wanted now was the best for her family, and what was best for them was to stay together. Always.