- 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸 they ditched?" questioned JJ worriedly, his foot bouncing up at down with anxiety as he took a puff from his vape.

Kie was the first to shut him down, shaking her head the moment the words left his mouth. "Kaci would never do that to you," she assured him.

The blonde boy sighed and stressfully rubbed his face with both hands, the bags under his eyes turning purple. "Its been two days."

"It's been twelve hours," Pope corrected. He pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head once again. It was like they were going around in constant circles. They came home, John B was arrested, he got out, and now Kaz, Kaci and Luis were suddenly missing — nothing could ever stay right for even just a day.

Picking at her nails, Sarah Cameron didn't speak up. Her hair was still damp from the night before and a frown slung over her face as John B squeezed her shoulder in attempt to cheer her up. Kaci was her best friend, her sister, and she'd lose herself if she didn't have her by her side. Everyone she grew up with turned into monsters over the last few months — her step-mom, her dad, her brother. Kaci was the last piece of family she had left. She needed her. Always.

"It's gotta be Mikel, right?" said John B with a nod. "Or Ward."

"Ward can't have took them, his house is being raided," Pope reminded him.

JJ sighed frustratedly again, glancing back at the destroyed room that surrounded them. When his baby didn't return to him that night, he knew something bad had happened to him and Kaci. They were taken away from him again, but he couldn't deal with going through that a second time. He couldn't deal with going through that for real. If they didn't come home to him again, he couldn't go on. He knew it. They were his life. They were his universe. They were the reason he was still breathing.

"We'll find them," Kie assured everyone softly, taking notice to JJ and Sarahʼs distress. She nodded confidently, putting her hand on the fatherʼs arm. "We'll find them."

Shrinking into his find, aggressively searching through his thoughts, Pope twisted the key through his fingers. He found it last night, the same one Limbrey was begging him for, but it didn't even matter now. John B was out and Kaci was gone. If he had just stayed in last night, if he and Kie didn't leave the Château...

"Look, at the end of the day, Kaci isn't going to let anyone hurt Kaz," Kie went on, trying to keep everyoneʼs minds at ease.

"That's what I'm worried about," said John B quietly.

Everyone looked at JJ for a moment, seeing a million thoughts run through his mind. It had only been a couple of hours, and he was a wreck. Kaci and Kaz meant everything to him. With them, he was the person he had always wanted to be. Without them, he was a ghost. They were what kept him alive.

"I gotta get them back," he said tearfully. "I just gotta get my family back."

Authorʼs Note
sorry for another short chapter, i've been studying and doing a lot of exams recently, so updates have been a little slow, but i'm really trying, i promise. i'm thinking of writing a pope or oc x oc fic next maybe, idk?
love, tay </3