- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗲𝘀 stared at Kaci for a long moment, nobody saying anything. The baby was coming. It was really happening. There was no way it was happening.

"You're joking," said Kie, eyes wide. "Tell me you're joking."

"Yes, Kiara, I just pissed myself because I find it fucking hilarious," responded Kaci dryly, rolling her eyes. She shrugged simply. "My water broke."

JJ was the first to move. A huge grin stretched its way onto his face and he put his hand on Kaciʼs lower waist to gently guide her back to the end of the boat. She wasn't screaming, nor was she crying — she honestly seemed pretty chill about it all.  "Alright, let's get you home," he whispered, kissing her cheek repeatedly. He really tried to keep himself cool and not let the excitement get to him — he needed to keep things calm for Kaci —, but it was so hard to do that, that his leg was now bouncing up and down with anticipation.

"Home?" the girl asked incredulously. "JJ, I am not giving birth in the fucking Château."

"Why not? It's sentimental."

"Because I'd rather not die."

"Fair enough."

"Let's just get her to a hospital," said Kie, putting the argument to a rest and taking control of the boat.

Pope nodded and opened up the underneath cabin to take out the emergency bag. JJ made them pack it just incase, which Kaci was very resistant about earlier. Now, however, it was clear that the boy was right all along, because this really was happening today. In only a few hours, she would meet her son for the very first time. They would meet their little boy for the very first time.

The ride to the hospital was hectic. Every moment that went past pushed Kaci further to losing her shit. She was calm at first, but then the contractions started. One after the other, in the space of mere minutes. Each one felt as if a bowling ball had landed full-force onto her spine. It would roll down her long bone — crushing it on its way down — and eventually land in her pelvic area with double of the initial force. Tears started to fill up in her eyes and she squeezed JJʼs skin to keep herself from screaming.

Not knowing what else to do, JJ held the girl close to him, rubbing her head and kissing her temples everytime he heard her cry. "I know, baby," he whispered as her nails dug into his leg. "It's okay, we'll be there soon."

Pope was beyond himself with stress, having forgotten all about his early-morning interview, and searched her bag from top-to-bottom, quadruple checking that they had everything they needed. And they did have everything. Except John B and Sarah.

Kie gripped the metal steering wheel so hard her knuckles went white. She glanced back with worry every few moments to check on the others behind her.

"Okay. Okay, we're here. We're here."

𖧷

𝗞𝗮𝗰𝗶 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗸 her head, the mattress of the hospital bed uncomfortable under her back, the support she had feeling worthless. "I don't want to do it," she complained, shaking her head even more. She arched her back and squeezed her eyes shut as another shooting pain came for her stomach. "I don't wanna do it anymore!"

JJ sat on the chair beside her, holding her hand and letting her grab him with the pain. It hurt him to see her like this. When her water first broke, he was so sure this birth was going to be simple and easy. She was so calm at the start, but now it seemed as though she'd rather die than go through a second more of this pain.

"Kaci," he said, trying his very hardest to be calm and controlled in the situation. "Princess, listen to me, okay? You're going to be fine."