- 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 others returned home from school that day, what they were expecting to find was an angry Kaci, probably rage cleaning the entire house after having found John Bʼs cum sock. Or maybe she would've been asleep, having spent the entire day running around and fixing things. Quite possibly, she could've even ran away, deciding that she was sick off the boysʼ messes.

However, they definitely were not expecting to find Kaci in the living room with a rich, fancy lawyer, anxiously bouncing Kaz on her knee.

"Alright, thanks," she said to the man beside her, shaking her head with a sigh.

The lawyer sent her a nod, and left the entire home without another word, not glancing at any of the teenagers that started to pile up in the space.

JJ furrowed his brows, sliding over to sit with her on the couch. He pressed a gentle hand against her thigh, and her leg immediately stopped moving at his touch. "Hey, what's going on?" he asked softly, confused.

Kaci shook her head, letting out another sigh. "Mikel was arrested," she answered, and the others all sat around her. "Ward left a video for Shoupe, letting him in on all his ʼsecretsʼ." She used finger-quotes to promote the sarcasm. Kaci turned to the side to meet JJʼs worried eyes. "The dick ratted my dad out for shit he didn't even do! And now the cops think he was the one who killed Luis."

Popeʼs eyes widened. "They found his body."

"Yeah," Kaci sighed, sitting back on the couch with crossed arms, eyes meeting JJʼs again. "And Mikel is adamant that he won't let me or you go down for it."

"Crap," said John B, hands rubbing his face. "Guess you really need that party tonight, huh?"

"What party?" she asked.

John B grinned and clicked his fingers at her. "The bonfire."

Kaci deadpanned him. "My dad just got arrested and you want me to get drunk and dance?" she asked seriously, and he started to frown. Then, she jumped up with a sudden burst of JJ-like energy. "That's the greatest fucking idea I've ever heard."

Kie laughed at her, loving the slow change in personality the girl had had lately. John B grinned and high-fived her. JJ watched her with sad eyes, hoping that she was okay.

Pope blinked, looking in between everyone. "Is she being sarcastic, or...?"

"No, no, I'm serious," said Kaci, being twirled around by John B. "Let's go and have the best night ever. If I start a fight, nobody hold me back — I haven't punched anyone in a decade."

JJ now started to chuckle, seeing his Kaci start to peek back into her words, and followed her into their bedroom, Kaz still watching TV on the couch with his aunt Kie.

𖧷

𝗚𝘂𝘆𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 is from Denmarkʼs diary," announced Pope, standing up from his beach chair out on the Châteauʼs porch. "ʼAugust fifteenth, set sail from Port-au-Prince on calm seas. Came up on the Spanish ship San Jose on fire. The entire deck was aflame. We could hear the screams of the men trapped below. The Spanish captain cared about only one thing, his valuable cargo, the Cross of Santo Domingo and countless bars of gold. Once the cargo was on board, we went to help the crew, but Captain Limbrey ordered us to pull bayonets and not to let any of the Spanish crew on board. He robbed them and left them to dieʼ."