- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗞𝗮𝗰𝗶 Flores woke up the next morning, things were good. Really good. She woke up with JJʼs arms over her waist, his warm palms pressed against her bump so that he could cuddle the baby, too. Kie made breakfast, which was a luxury in Kaciʼs eyes, considering she'd been suffering through John Bʼs food for a while now — he wasn't the greatest chef in the world, and Kaci was too lazy to do things for herself.

Waiting for John B to get home, the other four sat outside and prepared for the next long night ahead. Yesterdayʼs storm had passed, and today was supposed to be the sun that came after. "You should do a water birth in here," said JJ, sitting on the edge of his hot tub with his arms wrapped around Kaci.

Kaci turned around to look at him like he was dumb, a mug of hot chocolate in her hands. "Absolutely not."

"Why? It would be so fun." He grinned, pressing a kiss to her shoulder.

"Maybe for you," she said, "but I'd rather go through the most painful thing of my life with hospital drugs."

JJ shrugged, tracing a smiley face on her soft stomach with his finger. "I don't care," he told her honestly, "as long as I get my two babies back to me by the end of the day."

Kaci shook her head, lips curling into an awkward cringe, causing the boy to chuckle and push her off the edge and into the hot tub, which wasn't so hot anymore, spilling her drink inside. "You bitch!" Kaci stood up to push him the other way, sending him flying off the hard ground, still laughing.

"Love you."

When she didn't respond, the boy smirked and dug his hand into the dirt, slapping her over the back with a chunk of mud.

"I'm literally gonna scream," she complained, arching her back at the feel of it while JJ continued to laugh.

"Wouldn't be the first time I made you do that." JJ winked, and she splashed him with the water.

"Yo, does this look good?!"

The two of them turned around to face Kiara and Pope, who were at the other side of the open yard and actually doing stuff to prepare them for the gold grab. JJ sat back onto the hot tub ledge, dangling his feet into the water and pulling Kaci closer to him again as he slowly sipped his beer.

"No, it looks like shit," Kaci called back to them, leaning her head back on JJʼs chest.

"You're so helpful," Pope stated, using the same amount of sarcasm as she did.

Kaci smiled back at him. She loved her relationship now with the pouges, even if she was a slight bit mean to them occasionally; they understood her more than the kooks ever did, and they treat each other like genuine family, not business associates. They matched her humour and acted as though she'd been there from the start. They built her a bed and opened up their home to her without hesitation. Kaci Flores couldn't have been more grateful for the pouges — and she couldn't wait for them to be a part of her sonʼs life.

"John Bʼs pullin' a Houdini," said JJ, putting his bottle down to lift Kaci up onto his lap.

"Yeah, where is he?" asked Pope. "I got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning. We gotta get this done."

Right on cue, the boy in question joined them on the field, staring straight ahead and not sparing a single second to glance at his friends around. Not even to question the random hot tub in the middle of his yard.

"Hey, speak of the devil! Hey!" exclaimed JJ happily, leaning back to see his brother. "Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull the gold and everything."

Kaci rolled her eyes. "Bro, that is such bullshit," she was quick to call him out. "You sat here and made Pope do it all, because you were so convinced my water had broke."