- 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

𝗝𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗮𝗻 𝗙𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝘀 felt extremely uncomfortable in the van with only the pouges. He was a lot more privileged than these kids, and was now only just realising that he had never actually held a proper conversation without bringing up money. Kaci and Kaz were back at the Château for this mission, everybody collectively agreeing that they should've stayed back incase someone got hurt.

"So...are all of you homeless, or...?" Jordanʼs voice trailed as the three boys turned to look at him.

"Just JJ," answered Kie, and the blonde boy nodded.

"Not anymore, though — living in the Château," JJ added for himself, a smile on his face. "And when we get the gold, I'm gonna buy a nice, kook-style house for me, you Kaz and Kace."

Jordanʼs brows raised a little in shock, not prepared to have his name mentioned, too. But when he saw the genuine look in the boyʼs eye, it made him smile. JJ was nice, a lot better than Kaciʼs last one. "I'm so glad you knocked her up."

JJ nodded. "Yeah, you and me both, kid." He shook his head, turning back to the others, filling his pistol up with bullets. "Listen, we go in there, guns-a-blazin', and make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and
vámonos, get the hell out of there."

"I thought Kaci said we weren't allowed to use the gun," Jordan pointed out.

JJ brushed it off. "What the princess does not know cannot hurt her."

"Have you met ʼthe princessʼ — she'll eat you alive."

JJ shook his head. "Nah, it'll be fine." He paused, taking a moment to look back at an unconvinced Jordan Flores, and shook his head again. "Nah. Nah, we'll be good." This time, he sounded more unsure.

"We'll send that shit right down the Intracoastal," said John B, getting back to the plan.

"Wait for the weather," added Kie.

"Exit to Cuba," said Pope.

"Cuba?" questioned JJ, shaking his head to correct them. "No, man, Xcalak, Jewel of the Yuatan. Lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money."

They soon arrived outside the metal, wired fencing of the airstrip. Jordan jumped out of the vehicle along with the older kids, although he was the only one giving excellent care and caution towards not getting his shoes muddy.

"What's the plan?" Kie called to the boys, who were all quick to run at the gate. "Broad strokes."

"I don't think we got that far," admitted John B.

Jordan held his hands through the hoops of the gate, standing on his tip toes as though that would help him see better, but he honestly couldn't see anything past the five foot grass that went on for seven miles. He was starting to wish he'd stayed back with Kaci, but he didn't want to get picked on by the others for being a pussy.

"They're loading up the gold," said Pope, searching far through his binoculars.

"Uh, how are we exactly supposed to carry four hundred mill of gold on our own when there's serial killers with guns and tools?" questioned Jordan, looking to to the bigger boys — and Kie.

"ʼcause we're pouges," John B answered simply.

"I'm not."

JJ shook his head and patted the younger boy on the shoulder. "Suck it up, buttercup, you're broke."

Jordan scowled at him.

"Please don't go all Kaci on me, man."

The boy dropped his mouth open in offence. "I'm nothing like her!"