- 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘄𝗻 on the Boneyard were a casual thing in the summer — or any time around the year, if the teenagers were being completely honest.

Everybody went to them — the pouges, the kooks, the tourons — and sometimes the rival groups didn't get into huge fist fights. That was only sometimes, though.

Kaci Flores sat down on a large rock, hoodie pulled over her knees to avoid the freezing cold and to hide the gewy mess growing inside her. It was just like the women online said; it was growing bigger every day. She hated it more every day.

She hated second-guessing herself. She had always been naturally confident, always said what was on her mind and never cared for who she might hurt in the process. But the questions now kept her awake at night, digging through her mind as tears threatened to spill everytime she looked down at her naked stomach. She wasn't sure if she could ever be a good mom — she didn't even know what a good mom looked like.

"Hey, babe." Rafe Cameron sat behind her on the rock, moving Kaci so that she was sitting in between his legs, and wrapped his arm around her waist.

Anxiety shot through her veins. If his hands moved in the slightest way, she was done. He'd touch the bump. The time of her secret would be over.

Ever since she took the test, Kaci had thought a lot about the reactions of the people close to her. She could see the kooks ditching — Kecle, Topper, ect. Her family would disown her — maybe worse. Sarah would never speak to her again. She could handle that. It would hurt, but she could handle it. She'd still live.

But Rafe — Kaci was terrified of what he might do. It would push him off the edge. It was the thought of her friends and family leaving her that kept her in denial for so long. It was the thought of being a mom that made her want to scream. But it was the fear of Rafe that kept her silent.

However, in her new world of questions and secrets, she knew one thing. One thing that didn't affect her as much as it should've. One thing that most women would hate themselves for.

Kaci Flores was going to be such a bad mom.

Because whenever somebody asked Kaci Flores ʼwhere do you see yourself in five yearsʼ, she couldn't answer. Kaci didn't see herself in even five months. She couldn't look in the future, she didn't know what she wanted. She knew what was expected of her — to grow old and eventually marry Rafe, take care of his home and carry his babies. But she didn't want that, and even of she did, that ship had already sailed.

So Kaci had no idea what her plans for the future were. Which made her a shitty mom. Which meant she was going to give her kid a shitty life. Because a good mom always had to be prepared, right? Kaci didn't even go to the clinic to find out what gender the thing was. She often forgot that she was even pregnant. She was a wreck.

"You drinking tonight?" asked Rafe, turning his head around to kiss her on the cheek.

Kaci shook her head, watching the other teenagers on the island let loose and do whatever they wanted. Two more months, and she'd never be one of those again. Two more months, and her childhood was over. Finsished. And there was nothing she could do about it. "No."

Rafe groaned, squeezing her waist tightly. He thought it was cute; it probably would've been if Kaci wasn't already in so much pain around that area. "You never see me anymore," he complained. "You're always with Sarah."

"She's my best friend."

"I feel like I'm sharing my girlfriend with her."

Kaci shrugged, turing her head around to meet his eyes. "No, she's sharing her girlfriend with you."