Chapter three

Steve and Norma walked in to the military building. Norma didn't know exactly what was going on, but she assumed Steve wanted to join the army.

Steve walked in to a room with Norma just behind him, and saw some sort of doctor there. A nurse had entered the room and asked to see the doctor outside. "Is there a problem?" Steve asked, "Just wait here." the doctor replied.

Steve gave Norma a worried look. Norma was no good at comforting, people but she still tried. "Steve, I'm sure it's got nothing to do with you." she said. Steve just looked back at a sign that said 'It is illegal to falsify your enlistment form'. Norma, knowing how much this meant to him, just gave him a look of pity. 

Suddenly, an odd looking man stepped into the room. "So, you want to go overseas." the man stated. His German accent clear. "Dr. Abraham Fischer. I represent the strategic scientific reserve." he said. "Steve Rogers" said Steve quickly. The man turned to Norma, "And your name is?" "Uh... Norma. Norma Sharpe." she said hesitantly. 

"Well, there are already so many big men fighting. Maybe now all we need is a little guy and a woman." said the Dr. Abraham. "Oh, no sir. I didn't come here to join the army. I'm simply here for my friend." Norma said sternly. "Oh, but surely you wouldn't want to let this opportunity go to waste. You seem like a woman with much potential. I'd like to recruit you." said Dr. Abraham. 

Norma gave it a few moments of thought. 'Well if I go to the army, I could learn so much about fighting. It could possibly help me find mom and dad' she thought to herself. 

"ill do it." said Rose. and she could see the slight quirk in Dr. Abrahams lips. "good." he said. 

He now turned back to Steve. "I can offer you a chance, Steve," he said "Only one chance." he added.

 "I'll take it!" said Steve.

"So, where is the little guy from, actually?" asked Dr. Abraham. "Brooklyn." stated Steve. "And the lady?" he asked Norma. "Also Brooklyn." said Norma. "Congratulations, soldiers." said Dr. Abraham as he handed Steve and Norma their files, and shortly after walking away.

"Oh my goodness, Steve! You did it!" said Norma. She was so happy for him. "You too Rose. I didn't know you were into army things" said Steve. "I wasn't," she said. "What made you agree, then?" Steve asked. "Oh, that's a story for a different time. Now, lets go celebrate!" said Norma.

they both left the building and went to find Bucky to tell him the good news.

______________

Another chapter done! This one was a little shorter than the last but oh well.