Chapter Thirteen

it was currently one day before the mission, and everyone was excited to finally see what hydra has their hands on. well, everyone but Norma. the last few days passed very slowly for her.

basically all she did was special training with the captain, and listen to Steve talk about Peggy.

she was currently going for a run along the outer fence of the military base while humming a tune. she didn't even realize what tune she was humming. it was a song her mother used to sing to her almost every night when she was a kid. Norma had found herself desperately wanting to be with her parents lately. they had been in her dreams multiple times in these last few days. she assumed it was because of the stress from the oncoming mission, so she didn't tell anyone.

when she realized what tune she was humming she stopped in her tracks immediately with a look of shock in her face. the reason for this was because she had promised herself not to do anything that would make her feel closer to her parents until she actually found them, Incase they actually were dead. she didn't want any false hope. of course, she'd still search for them. but there still was a chance they were dead. and she wouldn't want to go through the loss again.

what she didn't notice was that Peggy had just left her office, and had seen the whole abrupt stop and shocked expression.

Peggy was quite confused so she decided to ask Rose about it.

Peggy walked up to Norma and asked "are you alright? you seem quite pale." Norma almost jumped out of her skin. she had been so lost in thought that she didn't notice Peggy.

"oh! hello. yes, I'm alright." said Norma with a hint of shock still lacing her voice. "you don't seem alright, Norma." said Peggy. "well, I assure you I'm fine. I'm just figuring some things out." said Rose, and with that, she continued jogging without looking back.

Peggy just took there, extremely confused. "that was odd." she whispered to herself.

but just a second later, out of the corner of Peggy's eye, she saw Steve. Peggy and Steve had met up every day since their kiss. she was very happy. she was sure Steve was the one.

"Steve! hi! how are you?" she yelled while walking towards him. "I'm great. I can't wait for the mission." said Steve. "oh well that's great," said Peggy "the captain agreed for everyone who is taking part in this mission to take a night off tonight. we'll be going to a bar. would you like to join?" asked Peggy with a hopeful glint In her eyes. "sure! can Rose come along? she's so serious, I really think she needs to let loose for a bit." said Steve. "sure." said Peggy.

they both went their separate ways. Steve went to Rose, to tell her the news, and Peggy went back to her office.

__________________

hiiii. I'm trying to finish this story as soon as possible because I have another story idea in mind.

Clandestine - P. Carterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें