Chapter six

all the soldiers were training, and Steve had gone to use the restroom.
They were doing jumping jacks.

Dr. Abraham was watching all the soldiers train when captain Bowman walked up to him.
"I don't see why you would recruit a woman." he said "She's weak." he added. "She will get better. Besides, strength isn't always the top quality in soldiers." Dr. Abraham said. "How so?" asked captain Bowman. "Watch." said Dr. Abraham as he threw a fake grenade and yelled "Grenade!".

All of the soldiers ran to take cover.
All but one, Norma.
She jumped on the fake grenade and yelled "Get away!" as she waited for it to explode.
But it never did.
She slowly got off as agent Carter and captain Bowman gave her a surprised look, clearly not expecting that.
"Is this a test?" asked Norma, bewildered.

"She's still weak." said captain Bowman. Clearly upset that he'd been wrong.

Later that day, all the soldiers were getting their dinner and chatting with other soldiers.

Steve and Norma were sitting alone, but they didn't mind. They were all the company they needed.

"You still didn't tell me what made you agree to join." said Steve. "You're right." said Rose. She knew she had tell him eventually, so she started explaining. "Well, about two years ago my parents went away on a trip to Budapest, but they never returned. The police declared them dead, but I don't believe they are. I thought that joining the army could help me get some skills at combat." she said. "Oh wow. I'm sorry about your parents." he said, obviously not expecting that as her answer.
"Don't worry about it. I'm sure they're still out there somewhere." she said.

After everyone finished their food, they went to their beds to sleep.
but Norma couldn't seem to fall asleep. So she listened. She heard all the men's snoring, one of them was mumbling in his sleep, and another man kept tossing and turning in his bed.

She then heard talking from outside the room.
Her bed was close to the wall, and the walls were thin, so she didn't have much trouble hearing.

"The little one, he shouldn't be here. He's too small and weak. And so is the woman." she heard her captain say.
"Oh, don't be ridiculous, Jack. You saw what she did with the fake grenade. Besides, she's not half bad at combat. As for the thin one. He could use some practice, but he's got a good brain. He's smart." she heard agent Carter say, her British accent clear as day.
To say Norma wasn't expecting agent Carter to stand up for her was an understatement. She could understand why she did so for Steve, but Norma was almost sure agent Carter hated her.

She heard their footsteps getting quieter, meaning they were leaving, and decided she should try to sleep.
After all, she'd have to do the same, if not even harder training tomorrow.
_____________________

Ok so this chapter is a little shorter than the rest but oh well