Chapter 2

I feel like this is obvious but Luna doesn't look like the kid in the pic above! I didn't add a pic of her because when I'm reading a book I prefer to come up with the character's looks in my head. I picture Luna with like Harry's really curly hair but it's Louis' hair colour. And mabye bluey - greenish eyes.

***

The next morning, Louis wakes up really early. He rolls over with a groan to check the bedside clock.

4.36am

With another small groan he turns around and can't help but smile slightly at the sight of Harry. He's laying on his side, facing Louis. His cheeks are all smooshed into the pillow and puffy. His plump red lips in a cute little pout as little breathes of air escape them.

Louis listens in to Harry's heart beat, hearing it beat at a calm rate, telling him that thankfully Harry's still in a deep slumber.

He rolls onto his back and closes his eyes with a sigh. He doesn't know why, but he's got this awful feeling in the pit of his stomach. Like something bad's about to happen. It's what woke him up.

And unfortunately, he doesn't know why. Life's great at the moment, he's got his beautiful omega and his little pup by his side. Mabye that's why something bad is about to happen, because life's a little too good right now...

The longer he stays awake, the worse the feeling's getting. A deep dread boiling up inside of him.

Suddenly he's hit with an intense wave of protectiveness. A feeling telling him he needs to protect his family and have them near him now. He jumps out of bed, grabs his pup from her room and quickly cuddles back their sheets. He puts Luna in front of Harry, who unconsciously wraps his arms around her, and spoons Harry from the back. So his family's in his arms, right where they should be. Need to be.

Louis' always been very protective over the people he loves, especially Harry and Luna. But this, this was on a whole new level. The thought of Luna even being in the room next to theirs is giving him anxiety. The thought that in the morning they have to get up and his family won't be in his arms 24/7 is killing him. Which is kinda ridiculous.

He's quite surprised that Luna didn't come into their room during the night. Luna begged and begged them to get her a 'big girls bed' so she can sleep in her own room. And with a few secret tears from Harry due to his baby girl now not sleeping with them, they got her one. But during the night she usually always ends up crawling back into their bed and cuddling in-between them.

Louis moves his hand to rest it on Harry's stomach where there could be another pup very soon. Just the thought of it makes Louis suck in a large deep breath.

Time seems to fly by as Louis stays awake, on high alert for any danger that could come barging into the room to try and harm his family, and the sun starts rising.

The room lights up with a soft golden glow as Harry starts to stir in Louis' arms. He stretches his body out with a yarn before opening his eyes. "Morning alpha."

"Morning love." Louis leans down to kiss him a kiss. "Have a good sleep?"

"Amazing." Harry sighs. He looks down to where Luna's now laying on his chest, having crawled on there during the night. He starts running his fingers though her curly hair and whispers good morning to her.

Without meaning to, Louis let's out a low protective growl as he watches them, making Harry look up at him.

"You alright babe?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." He burrows his face into Harry's bed hair. "Mine." He ends up grumbling softly.

"Yes alpha, I'm yours." Harry agrees, bringing his hand up to the back of Louis' neck as his eyelids flutter. Louis' usually always extremely protective, but the strong waves of dominance and protectiveness radiating off Louis right now is making him light headed.

"Always gonna be mine. Just mine." Louis repeats, causing Harry to slightly nod.

Luna seems to sense the same strong waves rolling off Louis as she squirms a little before opening her eyes. "Mumma, dadda."

Louis removes his head from Harry's hair and swings an arm over Luna. "Morning baby."

She mumbled something neither of them could catch and snuggles deeper into Harry's chest, comforted by the weight of both their arms cuddling over her back and falls asleep again.

They stay like that for a while before Harry sighs. "Guess I should probably start making breakfast, I'm starving."

He goes to gentally move Luna off him but Louis quickly sits up.

"I'll come with you."

"Oh it's okay babe, you can st-"

"I'm coming with you." Louis repeats, more sternly.

Harry nods slowly, handing Luna over to Louis. What's up with him?

Louis holds Luna close with one arm as her head rests on his shoulder, still asleep and sets the other hand on Harry's lower back as they walk into the kitchen.

"Pancakes sound alright?" Harry asks. "I can't be bothered making anything big."

"Sounds perfect darling." Louis nods, rocking side to side.

Harry grabs some pre-made batter out of the fridge from the day before and starts heating up a pan. He puts a small amount of butter in it and pours some batter in before he chops up different fruits.

"Do you have any plans for today?" Harry asks.

"Nope." Louis smiles. "Thought we could have a little family day."

Harry smiles back at him.

***

It was sometime after lunch when there was a loud banging on their door.

They were currently all sitting on the couch, watching Disney movies. Louis freezes when he hears it, those same intense protective instincts coming back.

"I'll get it." He says, standing up. "You two stay there." He doesn't know why, but something's telling him this isn't gonna be good.

That dreadful feeling from earlier this morning also comes back stronger then ever as he opens the door up, only to see someone from the pack council.

"Louis." Nate says breathlessly. "We need you to come in, now."

"Why? What's happened?" He asks with a deep frown.

"I don't know, Liam told me to come get you. Something's wrong."

Louis turns around to look at Harry. He's still sitting on the couch, staring at Louis with a worried look. Where as Luna just continues to watch her Disney show, completely oblivious and not really giving a fuck about the strange man at the door.

"I don't wanna leave Harry and Luna." Louis shakes his head.

"You can bring them in as well, all the other alphas have brought their mates and pups in." Nate looks around them anxiously, like something's gonna jump on him at any second. "Just be quick." Was the last thing he said before turning around and and going back to the office.

***

I feel like I'm kinda rushing into the main plot... Oh well lol