Chapter 5

Guys I'm so sorry for not updating this book in nearly a week😭 I've had so many exams to study for and assessments due. Also I'm so sorry for this chapter, it's a bit rushed. I didn't know what else to write so it might seem a little bit sudden with everything that's happening here. But this is where the major plot starts and I have so many good ideas for this book so the chapters coming will be alot better!! 💗

***

The next day Louis and Harry wake up early from nerves, even though they don't need to be at the river until 4pm. The day is spent getting troops ready to go with the couple and the rest of the council in case anything happens. As well as the weapons.

That takes a few hours and now it's time to leave. Jay and the girls come over to babysit Luna while they're gorn.

"Be safe boys." Jay says sternly.

"We will mum, just make sure all the girls stay inside." Louis gives her a hug.

"Bye Jay." Harry gives her a hug as well before they were out the door, hand in hand.

"What do you think these people want alpha?" Harry's small voice questions, looking for reassurance.

"I don't know Haz, but we'll figure it out." He smiles.

Once they arrive at the headquarters they see all the troops lined up outside, already armed. Louis nods at them and walks inside to let everyone know they're here and ready to go.

They reach the riverbank right on time, only to see no one there. But they can all smell the stench of rogues.

Then, one by one, they all pop out from behind the trees. Some in wolf form and others still human.

And fuck these motherfuckers are big.

But then, they see two faces. Two faces they were all dreading seeing. Eleanor and her mother, Deborah, smirking at them.

They were the closest to the river on their side and Louis and Harry are closest on the other. On the side where the rogues are isn't Louis' territory but the side Louis and Harry are on is. And the rogues know that so they don't dare jump into the water to get to them.

Louis squeezes Harry's hand tighter at seeing the pair and slightly pulls Harry behind him, away from their glaring eyes.

"Surprised you showed up." Eleanor continues to smirk.

"Surprised your still alive." Louis shoots back.

Eleanor's smirk drops and she unfolds her crossed arms. "Yeah, no thanks to you."

"You two brought it soon yourselves." Louis smiles sarcastically.

"Let's just get stright to the point of why we came here." Deborah steps in. "As you know, we've made a nice pack for ourselves. Consisting of every wolf that has been kicked out of their pack. And their special ones, more advanced, as you have probably seen." She chuckles.

Louis clenches his jaw. "Cut the crap, just tell us what you want."

Deborah lets out a breath. "Well that's up to you Louis."

The alpha frowns. "What do you mean?"

"You have a choice. Either hand over your pack or its war."

Everyone was expecting something extreme, but definitely not this. That just came out if nowhere.

"You're fucking delusional if you think I'd just hand over my pack." Louis spits out.

Eleanor fake pouts. "Shame, already had everything planned out. You and me could finally be together, like we always should've been." She then glared at Harry, making him glare back. "And this poor excuse of a mate can leave and defend for himself. And he can take that pup he pushed out as well." She says, disgusted she even had to talk about Harry and Luna.

The protective, angry pheromones radiating of Louis in waves causes Harry to feel weak and spacey, as usual. But he stays as strong as he can, holding his head high. He's the one who wanted to come.

He can see that everyone else are also affected by it, especially Eleanor and Deborah because the anger's directed towards them. But they also keep their ground.

"Don't you ever talk about my mate and pup like that again, understand?" Louis spits out. "Secondly, Eleanor we're not mates. Never have been and never will be."

"Louis we were made for each there. My womb should be carrying your pup's, not his." She rubs her stomach slightly.

"Eleanor to put it lightly I'd rather fuck a mushroom then you. Plus you're not my mate. And even if you were, you're bat shit crazy."

"So it's a no?" Deborah tilts her head to the side. "You'd rather start a war where innocent lives will be lost then just hand the pack over?"

"Don't you dare try to make out Louis' the bad person here. You're the one starting this war." Harry speaks up, not believing the fact that they're making out like this is Louis' fault.

"Oh look who's decided to finally use their voice for once." Eleanor says in a baby voice.

"Lives will be lost during this war, but they would've been anyway, even if I gave this pack over. I know you don't have good intentions at all." Louis shakes his head.

Deborah hums. "Hmm okay, well Harry how would you feel fighting a war against your own blood?"

"What?" Harry frowns.

Suddenly another person's stepping out from behind the trees, and Harry's breath hitches at who it is. There, standing next to the other two with wild eyes is his own mother.

"M-Mum?"

"Oh Harry, lovely to see you again." She smiles.

Harry can feel tears start to sting his eyes.

"Oh for God sakes Harry don't cry, what did you expect?" She snaps.

"Don't fucking talk to him like that, you fucking crazy bitch." Louis says, taking in Anne's appearance. Her hairs more wild and long, her clothes are dirty and her eyes hold this crazy look. Definitely not the warm motherly look they once helt before she found out about Harry's pregnancy with Luna. It's been years since that was there.

"So, war?" Eleanor smiles.

"War it is."

***

Like I said, it all seems rushed and just like, sudden. But it'll get better, I promise! And I'm not Louis so hold on to that promise 😊💀