Chapter 12

Harry flicks the kettle on and leans his body weight against the bench with his hands, letting out a deep sigh to try and calm himself. He hasn't seen or spoken to his dad since he was pregnant with Luna, when his mother was still around...

He closes his eyes for a moment. Times are different now. They're older, have a pup with another one on the way and alot stronger then when they were only teenagers. With his alpha by his side, he'll be fine, he tells himself.

He pushes himself off the bench when he hears footsteps behind him, turning around and coming face to face with the man himself.

He looks alot older now, wrinkles more prominent and gray hairs noticeable. And as soon as he sees his son his eyes water. Last time he saw Harry he was still so young, and he still is. But he looks so different. From his longer hair to his mature face, he's grown up into a handsome young man.

"Harry you... You've grown so much." His dad whispers tearfully.

"It's been 3 years.." Harry looks down, unconsciously bringing a protective hand up to his stomach.

His dad follows his movement and looks shocked. "You're... You're pregnant again?"

Harry nods slowly, biting down on his bottom lip. "Yeah, 4 weeks along."

"And the other little pup? Is she here?"

"She's with Niall right now, we just got back from an appointment." Louis informs him, opening up the kitchen cupboard. "Tea? Coffee?"

"Coffee please." Harrys dad gives him a small smile.

"Tea darling?" He asks Harry.

"Chamomile." Harry nods his thanks to his alpha. "Let's sit." He tells his farther after a deep breath.

They both walk over to the kitchen table and an awkward silence sits heavily over them. Harry lets out a small cough into his fist, a nervous habit of his.

What should he say? Any confidence he mustered up earlier quickly vanishes into thin air as they both sit on opposite sides of eachother. Just like they had been when Harry and Louis told his parents about Luna. Just like when he told Harry to have an abortion.

Thankfully, Louis quickly comes out holding a tray with their mugs on it and sugar, preventing Harry from letting his mind wander further. He sets it down and sits next at Harry, quickly taking ahold of his hand under the table.

"Thank you." Harry farther smiles tightly at him and grabs his coffee, putting a teaspoon of sugar in it and stiring.

"I think you have a lot of things to explain here." Louis' cold voice rings out.

Harry farther nods. "I do, and first of all I want to apologize for not coming around sooner. I just, couldn't bring myself to do it." He clears his throat. "About Anne..."

"What happened? How'd she turn rouge?" Harry asks quietly, as if just saying it out loud hurts him.

"About half way through your pregnancy, I took your mother to see a nurse. She was acting crazy. One minute she'd be her old self, happy and loving and the next she was throwing a fit, screaming and throwing stuff. She was also suffering awful headaches, which she's never had before. At least not that bad."

"And what did they say?" Louis asks at sensing how upset Harry is right now. He can't even imagine how hard all this must be for his mate.

"After a few visits and taking notes of all the stuff she's experienced they diagnosed her with IED, or known as Intermittent Explosive Disorder." He wipes under his eye, feeling a tear fall down. "It's a diagnosis where the person will have random emotional, angry outbursts. Physically and verbally." Harry's dad looks up as he takes a deep breath, trying to stay calm and stop the flow of tears he feels coming. "They gave us medication she was supposed to be taking, and she did at first. For a few weeks everything was getting better, that was also around the time she came and apologized to you guys, on behalf of me as well. She genuinely felt bad. But then she stopped. I had no idea why and still don't, but she stopped taking the pills. The anger came back and she started leaving the house for hours on end, never telling me where she was going. So one day I followed her." Suddenly it all became to much. He drops his head into his hands and silently cries. An alpha never cries in front of anybody, especially another alpha. But he didn't care at this point.

Harry's biting his bottom lip hard, tears making a steady stream down his cheeks. But he keeps his composure, listening to his dad.

Louis leans over and grabs the tissue box that they have sitting on the table, pushing it over to the older man. "It's okay." He says unhelpfully. He's not very good at comforting people. Unless they're friends or family that is. He gets all awkward but he tries his best.

He really does feel bad for the man in front of him though. That's when he reminds himself that Anne was his omega. His mate. This must be so hurtful and awful for him.

"I'm sorry." Harry's dad whispers, grabbing a tissue and wiping away the remaining tears that didn't fall into his hands.

"It's okay, don't apologize. Just continue when you're ready." Louis smiles slightly.

"Thank you." He takes a sip of his coffee to wet his parched throat and continues with his story. "I followed her into the woods, which was apparently were she was going everyday, and saw her with Eleanor and Deborah." Harrys eyes basically bulge out of his head and Louis feels himself ball his hands into fists." I tried to listen in but I couldn't hear without getting any closer. And if I got closer, they'd be able to smell my scent. But I confronted her about it when she got home later that night, asking her why she's seeing ex pack members,who happened to try and kill our son and grandchild. She completely freaked out, screaming and yelling. Then she just stormed out of the house."

"Did you follow her?"

"No, I knew better then that. I just thought I'll let her have her space and calm down before talking to her. But she never came back."

Louis can't help but feel his chest ache slightly with sympathy for the older man in front of him. If Harry ever just left and never returned, he's sure he'd go mad.

"I heard about her being apart of this war, and I'm so sorry boys." He finishes.

"No." Harry shakes his head. "None of this is your fault."

"She's crazy." He suddenly whispers. "I found some... Really disturbing things in her cupboard. Thought you might wanna take a look." He suddenly reaches down to the bag that neither of the boys took notice of before, and pulled out some wrinkled papers.

He slid them across the table towards Louis, who took them with hesitant hands. It was a folder-like stack of papers that have been stapled together. The front page just has written on it in bold letters, 'Plans'.

He flips over to the next page, but it's all just jumbled letters. "Is this morse code or something?"

"I'd say so." Harry's dad nods. "It all is, but look at the next page."

Louis does as told and feels his breath hitch at the image.

It's a drawing of a boy, Harry by the curly hair and green eyes, laying on the ground with his throat slit open.

The whole drawing is done by what looks to be led pencil, the only colour in it is the eyes and dark red blood.

Harry looks over his alphas shoulder and has the same reaction as Louis.

"What the fuck!?" Louis swears loudly, looking at the picture closer. "This is fucked, what does this even mean?"

"I wish I knew." Harry dad shrugs sadly. "But that's not all."

Louis looks at him cautiously before flipping though all the pages. Nearly every page includes detailed drawings of either Harry or Louis injured. In every way possible. Stabbing, shooting, attacking. You name it, there's a drawing of it.

But what really causes both young parents to loose it is the drawing of a little girl covered in blood in the arms of a rogue wolf.