Chapter 14

Harry watches as Louis walks up to the stand in front of the whole pack.

Today's the ceremony for all lives lost to the war this week, and it's awful. Just like every other week there's crying heard from family and friends of the dead troops and a heavy sadness lingering in the air.

Louis clears his throat. "We're here today to honour our fallen troops. The ones who have lost their lives fighting for our pack and their families. The young and the old, this week we have lost 16 amazing lives. Lives that were taken way to soon. I'd like to ask anyone who wants to make a speech please come up now."

Many people do but a lady who looks to be around 20 stands up sobbing, so everyone lets her go first. She walks up to the stand and wipes her eyes.

"J-Jasper was the first alpha I had ever felt safe around. He was the first man that I could see myself being w-with. It was pretty early in our r-relationship that we mated and it was the best d-day of my life. He was f-funny, caring, loving, protective and so so k-kind." She cuts herself off with a sob. "W-We both have always loved children and both k-knew we wanted pups of our own, so we s-started trying. And I never got the c-chance to tell him that I'm p-pregnant."

Harry doesn't think twice, doesn't have to before he's running up to her and wrapping her in his arms. Her knees go weak as she falls against his chest.

"Come here, it's okay." He whispers, slowly walking her off the small stage.

He can hear Louis thank her and other people start making speeches but Harry doesn't listen, to focused on the girl in front of him.

He leaves Luna with Niall, Maria and Adira as him and the girl take one of the very back seats.

"I-I didn't get to tell him." She shakes her head.

"Hey, hey. Shhhh, I know. Let it out." He rubs her back as she cries into his shoulder. He tries to listen in to the speeches out of respect but his brain is running a hundred miles an hour.

Trying to put himself in these peoples position, especially the girl he's holding, sends pains though his chest. He can't even imagion how hard it would be for your mate to die and while being pregnant. He can't even imagine.

"Try to calm down babe, think of your little pup in here." He taps her belly gentally. "Just take deep breaths."

It takes a while but eventually she reduces her sobs to quite wimpers

"I miss him so much." She whispers.

Harry nods, letting her talk and get everything off her chest.

"When I was told he was k-killed I... It was like my heart was dipped in cold water." She shakes her head. "I-I was going to tell him that night. I had a perfect dinner planned out a-and on the bed was a pair of l-little boots. And a hand carved piece of wood telling him for afterwards. I-It was all perfect."

"I'm so sorry..." He looks at her apologetically.

"Emmie."

"I'm so sorry Emmie, I can't even imagine how your feeling right now."

"T-The only thing keeping me here is this baby." Her bottom lip wobbles.

"Oh babe." He wraps her up again, even tighter.

"I know it's not the same (as it was lol) but if you ever need anything, and I mean anything, you know where I am." He rubs her arm.

"I have an ultrasound next week, will you come with me?" She looks up at him expectingly.

"Of course! I actually have an ultrasound as well, we can plan it on the same day!"

Emmie's eyes widened, and realisation washes over Harry.

"You're... You're pregnant?" She whispers in shock.

"Shit, please don't tell anyone. We haven't told anyone other then family yet." Harry bites his lower lip in worry.

"No, no. Of course not. I'm just shocked, and happy for you both!" She smiles. "How far along?"

"Five weeks, you?"

"Seven." She says proudly.

"Aww, we're pretty close together." Harry rubs his little bump. "How has the pregnancy been so far for you?"

"I have morning sickness on and off and things like needing to pee constantly and little pains but other then that, pretty good."

"Lucky." Harry groans. "'m morning sickness has been so bad this pregnancy. I had it with Luna but this is way worse."

"Mabye it's twins." She jokes. "Runs in the Tomlinson family."

"Don't even joke." Harry laughs. "Although I'd absolutely love to have twins, it'd be a dream come true, I can't imagine having to give birth twice in a row."

"Same." Emmie shakes her head with wide eyes. "I give props to people who do it."

They hear another round of applause and look up seeing the last person to make a speech walk off stage.

"All family members and friends who choose to, please make your way over to the left where the caskets are. But like always, some have requested a viewing so if that is upsetting to you, please be careful and walk straight to your loved one." Louis says sorrowfully.

The caskets are off to the side where they aren't in view of the audience, just in case, like Louis said, some people could be disturbed by seeing dead bodies of the troops who wanted a viewing. All the caskets are handmade from sanded down wood that's been harvested from the forest. They're all spread out with at least 10 meters between each of them.

Everyone chats amongst themselves while the family takes as long as they need before they can all also go to pay their final respects.

Harry meets up with his little family again while Emmie goes to Jasper's coffin. She has an ultrasound photo of their baby and another one of them together the day they mated she was going to place on his chest, hoping that the pictures somehow find their way to him.

There's multiple baskets filled with flower petals and flowers still on the stems to put on the now all closed caskets. And one by one they all line up and start walking towards the coffins.

Harry stays with Emmie as they both pick up beautiful flowers, him picking a rose and her a sunflower.

Emmie can't help the tears as they start streaming down her face while Harry keeps one arm locked around her waist. They put flowers on all the other coffins but the cries get worse when they get to Jasper's.

"I-I love you baby." Emmie kisses the sunflower before placing it on top of the casket, Harry doing the same.

But what they didn't know was that even in death, Jasper knew about the baby as he smiles down on the two from above.

Happy that his beloved and his pup have someone who cares for them and will be there while he can't.

***

I'm not gonna lie, parts of this chapter, I'm not super proud of. I feel like I could do better but also this chapter got me fucked up😭

Also besties, I've been having a bit of a writer's block lately, so if you have any suggestions of what you want to see happen in this story, please comment them! I already have an idea of where I wanna take this book but until then, I need your guys ideas! Love you all and thank you so much again for all the support <3