i. pretty

CHAPTER I:
pretty

CHAPTER I: pretty

( October 1978 )

      REGULUS SIGHED GLARING AT THE LETTER

REGULUS SIGHED GLARING AT THE LETTER. Ton Papillon Irritant. The title still stood of her being an irritating insect. But not his insect. He didn't mean to call her pretty. Not even a little. And it was true, he did read over the letter once he finished writing it. But he wouldn't dare to call her pretty, even if he believed it to be true in the depths of his cranium, but Libillule was known to be pushy. Her criticism of her peer's fashion choices was an obvious example of that.

The girl dreamed of being a designer of the highest fashion in France. The silks, pearls, threads, beads. It all excited her to even just think about. Incorporating magic into the fashion industry was a far dream she wished to reach by the time her death came before her. But she had zero support. Mother wished for her to be a housewife. Do the sewing for your children if you're so set on it. Her mother's words were a constant reminder that she would be of no help in being an independent designer in France.

Regulus liked that she had aspirations. Though the world they knew was soon going to come crashing down in ruins because of the Dark Lords quick advancements in the world, he admired she could still manage to act as if nothing were wrong and that her dream was within reach.

The pretty girl sat in a canary yellow sweater with a pen in her mouth as she gazed down through her glasses at her newest creation with disdain. The two teenagers sat on opposite ends of their prideful tables to end up facing each other without ever sharing a glance regarding their letters.

      She huffed putting the pen in the pages of her book before flitting her eyes up to look around. And then she saw him. She saw him and he saw her. The small interaction through parchment raced through their minds as she began to become lost in his quarts eyes. She believed he was one of the prettiest boys she had ever set her eyes on and made a silent promise to herself to actually speak to him someday.

      She sent him a close-lipped smile as she saw the letter in his hands. As much as she didn't want to believe it, he had only rolled his eyes and crumbled the letter getting up and leaving.

      A frown set on her face watching Regulus leave but she didn't take it too hard. She knew he was tough to break. Which is why she was going to continue pestering him like the insect he claimed to be so irritated with.

      But why did such a pretty boy have to be so mean?

NOTE. i forgot to mention each chapter is going to be set up like a single scene in a movie so some might be like under 400 words but thats just easier for me to publish so wtvr