vii. dream a sweet dream

CHAPTER VII:
dream a pretty dream

CHAPTER VII: dream a pretty dream

( October 1978 )

      HE DREAMT ABOUT HER THAT NIGHT

      HE DREAMT ABOUT HER THAT NIGHT. As much as he wished to avoid it, his subconscious made it apparent to rub in the fact that he was slowly beginning to admit he believed she was pretty. Beautiful even. Just like a dragonfly.

His eyes sprung open and he quickly sat up once the dream was over, the only thing on his mind being the nuisance of a girl he had the faintest of feelings for.

Then he recalled the dream. She was there, sitting by the Black Lake, a breeze pushing her hair behind her and creating a flow of the dress she wore. She looked like a painting created by someone in love. Regulus was there with her too. The Moon had been beginning to shine down on them creating a reflection on the dark water. Libillule had glossed over eyes from the reflection, and her smile at Regulus seemed to be brighter than the Sun. The dream version of him had felt his knees weaken at the sight of her which also made the real Regulus feel the same way.

      In the dream they had been laying on their backs, stargazing side by side, Regulus pointing at the constellations telling her what each sewn together star had been named while she intently listened.

      It was a sweet sort of dream, just her listening to him and nodding while occasionally taking glances at him to see his eyes sparkle. Then he woke up. He woke up with a headache, foreign feelings, and the need to write her a letter. But he wouldn't.