xxxii. ma libellule

CHAPTER XXIII:
ma libellule

CHAPTER XXIII: ma libellule

( December 1979 )

September 79'

            Ma Libellule,

           It pains me to write this letter but it must be done. I have stolen a horcrux that the Dark Lord has created in an attempt to destroy it and when you read this letter, I will be long dead.

Just know I don't regret anything. I don't regret writing that first letter, speaking to you, kissing you, and certainly not being in love with you. And as pleasant as it would be to stay back and enjoy my life with you, I can't help but think maybe we were meant to have different paths. Maybe this was meant to be mine and for yours to not have me in your life because I'm truly no good for you. As much as I adore you and you adore me, we both know I was never any good for you.

You were always so good to me, not leaving when I would push you away. But now you truly must leave, you must forget about me and live your life as happy as can be.

I want you to know that I read every letter you sent. Every single one. As much as I wanted to respond to them, I knew that if I did I never would have done this as a push for those who will finally take down Voldemort. But, mon amour, you were all I ever could have dreamed of and so much more and I am nothing but sorry for leaving you like this. There was never a time that I ever loathed being around you or writing to you because you are the best thing that has ever happened to me.

But this is the end for us. Our story ends here, with me writing this letter to you and you reading it long after I have died. I'm sorry I left, it was only for the best, my dragonfly.

Ta Mante.