xxix. last letter?

CHAPTER XXIX:
last letter?

CHAPTER XXIX: last letter?

( July 1979 )

      July 79'

July 79'

Regulus,

The school year's over. The ceremony for seventh years was a bit odd but it was nice that they had us leave in the boats they used for first years when they arrive. It was very nostalgic. Would have been nice if you were there. I'm sorry for being bitter. That was uncalled for. But it's been difficult without you for these past three months. I don't blame you for not being here. I wouldn't be surprised if others would though. No letters, no responses, no sudden appearances, no goodbye, no nothing.

            This might be my last letter. I haven't decided yet. It's not like you're going to miraculously show up at school now since it's over so I don't see there being a point in sitting in the astronomy tower waiting for you to scare me, or the Great Hall waiting for you to surprise me by looking over my shoulder, or your dorm waiting for you to tiredly walk in and lay on the bed with me.

Should I stop? I mean, you told me to stop after my first letter, so who's to say you don't want me to stop now? I feel pathetic sending all these letters to you and still somehow expecting you to send one back.

            I'll decide on it soon, wouldn't want to continue adding to the letters.

            Love you always, Libillule.