xxxi. unfamiliar owl

CHAPTER XXXI:
unfamiliar owl

CHAPTER XXXI: unfamiliar owl

( December 1979 )

      MORE TIME HAD PASSED SINCE LIBILLULE HAD SENT HER LAST LETTER TO REGULUS BLACK

MORE TIME HAD PASSED SINCE LIBILLULE HAD SENT HER LAST LETTER TO REGULUS BLACK. She was in shock at finding out he was a Death Eater, though still never believing he did it by choice and even more shocked upon finding out he was presumed dead by his entire family. Another thing she refused to believe. But it would explain the lack of letters and Sirius Black telling her about his feats of becoming a follower of the Dark Lord.

      It was the thirty-first of December, one day away from the new year, and Libillule was spending the holiday alone. As much as she wanted to hate him, she wished to be spending it with Regulus. It was still odd to think that around that time a year prior she was head over heels for the boy who was most likely in a grave by now.

      And so, she sat at her desk in her bedroom, mind away at work creating her newest ideas for fashion, when there was a tap heard at the window in front of her.

      She ignored it, far too engrossed with her work, but the taps continued until she frustratedly looked up to have her eyes met with an owl. She had never seen the owl before, not in her eighteen years of life, but she had for sure seen the printing on what had been in the bird's mouth.

      A letter with the handwriting of Regulus Black addressed to Libillule Dupont.