xvi. just us?

CHAPTER XVI:
just us?

CHAPTER XVI: just us?

( January 1979 )

      THEY SLUSHED THEMSELVES OUT OF THE COLD LAKE, BUTTON-UPS STICKING FLUSH AGAINST THEIR BODIES THAT RADIATED HEAT

      THEY SLUSHED THEMSELVES OUT OF THE COLD LAKE, BUTTON-UPS STICKING FLUSH AGAINST THEIR BODIES THAT RADIATED HEAT. Libillule's hair had begun to curl at the ends, her clothes dripping onto the dull grass. Regulus stood beside her as she retrieved her coat and things that were left on the dock, his eyes rarely left her, only admiration reflecting in them since it was the first time he had seen her without her glasses.

      Once she was done getting her things, he motioned for them to begin heading back into school to avoid being missed by anyone as it was only Monday.

      "Reg?" she broke their moment of silence. She expected him to retort the use of the nickname, he had stated he would put a pillow over her face if she did it again, but he didn't say anything against it. He only raised his brows looking down expectantly at her. "What are you doing Saturday?"

      Regulus thought for a moment. Surely he would only be occupied by a terribly long book and multiple cups of tea. "Nothing, why?"

      Libillule sheepishly ducked her head down, drops of water following suit while she felt heat rise up her neck. "I was just wondering... if you'd maybe want to go to Hogsmeade." She looked up at him to see any indication of a negative reaction but he surprisingly seemed attentive to what she was asking. "With me," she added clarifying her intentions.

      Regulus bit back the small smile that was fighting with all its might to go on presentation for the girl beside him. Go on an outing with Libillule Dupont, a girl he didn't know much about but was sure he knew enough to have fallen for her and her stupidly large spectacles.

      "Just us?"

      She nodded, "just us."

      "Alright. Just us."