xxx. goodbye

CHAPTER XXVIII:
goodbye

CHAPTER XXVIII: goodbye

( August 1979 )

      August 79'

August 79'

Regulus,

It's my birthday. I'm eighteen like you are. It's not much of a birthday though. I don't like the idea of growing up all that much. I wish I could've stayed seventeen forever, everything seems so much easier back in January with you.

But, I suppose we can't always get what we want. You wanted me to stop writing to you and I didn't. I wanted you to continue writing to me after April and you didn't. I guess neither of is listen to each other.

I've also decided that this will be my last letter to you. There isn't a point in sending any more since you won't be responding to them. I've written to your brother though, he can bother replying to my letters, he says he hasn't seen you for longer than I have but he knows you've been at home with your parents. He also says that you've become a Death Eater. Back in March. Some birthday gift it was to find out you stand for a man who has no problem murdering muggleborns and half-bloods. Might I remind you that I am a half-blood?

            I find it cruel of you to not send a single letter back to be after five months, to leave me worried at school not knowing if you're even alive while you've been at home just not feeling up for sending a simple "I am alive" and letting it be. But perhaps it was better this way. You left me to bleed and find out that you were okay with the possibility of me being killed.

            This doesn't even matter. You won't bother to send a letter so why should I bother sending one either?

            Goodbye, Regulus Black.

            Libillule Dupont.