Chapter nine part one

PIC OF DAVID^^

ENJOY!

We were lying tangled up in each other and the bed sheets and he was telling me about the mysterious David.

“He was my best friend before we got involved in the mafia, I saw him more as a brother. We did everything together but when we got in with the gangs, the power went straight to his head. He changed.  When I got out of the mafia I assumed he would follow or at least try. But he said he wanted to stay. He said I was stupid for leaving, we had everything we could’ve ever had and I was idiot for throwing that all away for nothing. He never understood my reasons. Today was the first time I’ve seen him since I left. I never asked him to do what he did. F-ck now they’re going to come after him”

“It’s not your fault don’t blame yourself. He did it for you. You need to speak to him” I said comfortingly

“I know Emily. But you come first. I’ll speak to him when we land”

I smiled up at him and snuggled into his chest falling into a blissful sleep.

**

“Emily baby we’re home” Anthony whispered into my ears

I yawned and sat up from my laid down position on his lap. And then it came to me.

“ANTHONY! MY MUM AND AMY. OH MY GOSH. WHAT AM I GOING TO TELL THEM? HAVE THEY BEEN CALLING ME? SHIT! WHERE’S MY PHONE?”

“Hey baby calm down. Breathe.” He instructed me staring into my eyes

“I called your mum while you were asleep, you’ve only been away a day and a night baby. I just said you stayed over at mine”

I let out a breath of relief

“Thank you so much Anthony” I said hugging him tightly.

“Anything for you and here’s your phone it’s dead though” he replied, passing me my IPhone.

We got out of the car, Anthony never releasing my hands, with David following behind us. When we got in he got us all a drink and we were currently sat on his couch, in a tense silence. Anthony coughed awkwardly.

“Hey, man. I just want to say thanks for earlier. You didn’t have to do that”

David looked up at him no emotion on his face.

“Don’t worry about it. I needed an excuse to get out. I couldn’t let him shoot your girl”

I crept out, unnoticed and sat in the kitchen to let them catch up.

ANTHONY’S POV

“I love her man. You have no idea how much, what you did, means to me”

“I could tell, that’s why I did it. You were my best friend, my brother. I wanted to make it up to you”

I got up and brought him into a man hug, patting his back.

“You are my brother David. Only family would do something like you did”

“mio fratello, la mia famiglia” he replied. I repeated the saying back to him. ‘My brother, my family’ something we used to say to each other all the time.

David sat back down, and I walked towards the kitchen calling Emily’s name; wondering where she disappeared to.

She walked out of the kitchen, her blonde hair, messy from her nap in the car but she was still beautiful. I am so lucky to have her. I brought her into my chest, holding her tightly.