2.

The mermaid, who's name was Niki, watched the human walk away. As she sat down Niki asked, "What's your name?"

"Y/n."

"Oh, okay." Niki watched Y/n draw on a map and look through books.

"What're you doing?" Y/n stood up and brought the map over.

"Planning a route to the next place we need to go to. I want to get to know you so we're taking the long way back. I've got to go give this to someone I'll be right back okay?"

"Okay." Y/n walked out leaving Niki alone.

Hmm. She seems nice. I don't want to help the guy but at the same time I'd feel really bad if she died.

Y/n walked back into the room and sat in front of the tank. Niki did her best to sit on the bottom as well.

"Your tail is pretty." Y/n said softly.

"Thank you, I like your outfit."

"Thanks!"

"Can you tell me more about the guy."

"Well we're going to a place called L'manburg. I used to live there but Dream took it over with his boyfriend now husband. My friend Wilbur almost died, actually all of us almost died. Dream turned it into a kingdom and he rules it. Everyone's scared of him."

"Oh, I'm so sorry..."

"It's okay though. We have a man on the inside."

"Really?"

"Yup! A guy named Technoblade. He poses as Dream's guard and sends us letters about new security updates and stuff like that."

"Oh I've heard of Technoblade! When I was a kid they taught you about humans, sometime they'd talk about the more famous ones."

"Well that's cool!" The same man who was next to Y/n earlier came walking back in.

"I got bored, can I hang out in here with you guys?"

"Ask her, it's fine with me Ranboo."

"Can I stay here with you guys?" He asked looking up to her. Niki smiled and nodded. Ranboo sat down to Y/n.

"What's it like underwater?" The man named Ranboo asked.

"It's pretty cold. There are villages around the not so deep parts of the ocean. Some are bigger, some are just a few houses."

"Oh that's cool!" Niki's stomach rumbled.

"I'll get you some food, Ranboo how about you stay here and give her some company." Y/n walked back out the room.

"What's your name?" Ranboo asked. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

"I'll tell you when Y/n gets back."

"Okay!" They sat in silence and Ranboo went over to look at the books.

"Hmm. Weird."

"What is it?"

"It's about-" Y/n walked into the room with two plates of cooked fish and a plate of raw fish.

"Here I brought you some food as well Ranboo." Ranboo slid the book into his coat and thanked her for the food. Y/n put the plate on one of the corners of the tank and Niki grabbed them. She smiled at Y/n.

"Niki." Niki mumbled, taking a bite of fish.

"What?"

"That's my name."

"Oh!" Y/n smiled. "Your name is so pretty!"

"Yeah!" Ranboo agreed.

"Thank you!"