27.

"Mom! Wake up mom!" Y/n opened her eyes to see Max's face above hers.

"Max?"

"Mom...It should've been you."

"It should've been you that died mom, Not me." Max grinned, revealing sharp teeth. Tears started to form at the edges of Y/n's eyes.

"You were useless to me! Useless to me until the very end."

"No! I tried to help you!"

"YOU FAILED! I STILL DIED AND MY BLOOD IS ON YOUR HANDS."

Y/n awoke with a yell. She was breathing heavily and sweating. Her hands started to shake and she held them close to her chest. She stood up and walked out of the room.

She stood in front of the windows In the hallway and started to cry. Her entire body began to shake and she fell to the ground.

"Y/n?" A voice said from down the hall. She looked over to see Wilbur standing there. She waved shakily. He ran over and sat in front of her. "Do you need a hug?" She nodded. Wilbur held his arms out and the shaking dragon hugged him tightly. Her wings wrapped around him as she continued to sob.

"It's okay Y/n. I'm here." He rubbed her back and just let her cry.

"You poor dragon...What happened?" She pulled out of the hug and wiped the tears off her face.

"Blue just brings back too many memories of Max. And then I had a nightmare about it and..." Her hands started to shake again so Wilbur held them still.

"Listen N/n. I know that what happened to Max was horrible, I know that everyone in this castle will make sure you never have to go through that again. Okay?"

"Okay."

"How about you go back to sleep okay? Or at least be with Blue so if he wakes up you'll be there." He helped her up and opened her door for her.

"Goodnight Will."

"Goodnight Y/n." He closed the door and Y/n crawled under the blankets. Blue was sleeping peacefully. Y/n decided to try and fall asleep again as well.

|~~|

Y/n woke up to shuffling. She saw Blue trying to button up his shirt with no success.

"Come here Blue, I'll help." He jumped up onto the bed and she helped him button his shirt the rest of the way.

"Let's go get some breakfast bud." She held his hand as they walked downstairs. Blue ran over and sat next to Aubrey. Wilbur waved to her and she waved back. Y/n sat down and scooped her and Blue up some food.