Chapter 5: Lu Meng Meng

(T/N: Lu Meng Meng[1] in the title)

“Happy?” Lu Meng was full of resentment, he had waited nearly half an hour for Li Ze, quietly cursing to himself. Could his blind date have been a success?

Li Ze glanced at him, the corners of his lips twitching.

Lu Meng felt a little wronged. On what grounds should he be the one to succeed, and I be the one to fail?

Li Ze offered an explanation, “I was filling up a form.”

“Me too.” Lu Meng huffed, “Tell me, was that female Omega pretty?”

Li Ze gave it some thought, then shook his head, “I didn’t pay attention.”

“You didn’t pay attention but you’re still so happy?!” Lu Meng pursed his lips, a sudden unexplained rage bursting inside him.

“Do you know her name?”

Lu Meng’s mood soured. He even remembered her name.

That feeling remained until they reached their neighbouring homes.

“Fight with me, let’s go one round. My bones are about to rust.” In any case, Lu Meng sorely missed being back in the army, at least he didn’t have to go on those awful blind dates there.

“You really don’t want to know?” There was a wicked note to Li Ze’s grin.

“I don’t!”

Lu Meng was not in the mood to go home and listen to his mother’s nagging, so he habitually followed Li Ze back to his room. Anyway, the room was big enough to brawl in.

Li Ze indulged him, loosening his buttons. After all, even if they weren’t planning to fight, the moment he said these words, they would definitely be fighting.

“Her name is Lu Meng Meng[2].”

Lu Meng: “……” Wh..what?

“Meng Meng, I suddenly find your name kind of cute.” The way Li Ze patted the other’s face was basically him asking for a beating.

Lu Meng grit his teeth and threw out a fist. Fuck, how dare he harass him.

[1] 陆盟盟 (title) this is Lu Meng’s name, but with an extra Meng.

[2] 路萌萌 although it sounds like Lu Meng’s name, the characters for Lu and Meng are both different.