Chapter 8: Unpleasant to look at

“Son.” Li Ze’s father waved him over.

“Father.”

“Son, any success with your recent blind dates?” Father Li casually asked.

Li Ze thought about all his blind date partners and couldn’t even remember how they looked like, he shook his head.

“Your mother showed me your criteria for a spouse.”

“The attraction between Alphas and Omegas depends on their pheromones, this is in our genes, but you……” Father Li did not usually discuss such things with his son, and felt a little awkward, “Do you already have a partner in your heart?” Why else then do you have such specific criteria?

The image of Lu Meng flashed briefly through Li Ze’s mind, but he shook his head, “I just find that scent comforting.” Apart from that, Li Ze was unwilling to delve deeper into its implications.

“Is that so?” Father Li watched him, suspicious, then let him in on a secret, “Actually, before I met your mother, I was in the same situation as you.”

Li Ze maintained a blank expression, only the red tips of his ears gave away his lack of expertise in this subject.

“So was your grandfather.”

Li Ze: “……” Turns out asexuality was hereditary.

“Well, go ahead and prepare, there’s a gathering tonight. Your Uncle Lu and his family will be here soon.”

Li Ze nodded and was about to leave, but suddenly paused, “Back then, you and Uncle Lu……”

“Us? We were the same as you and Lu Meng, good bros since our childhood.”

……

“What’re you gawking at, not eating?” Lu Meng jabbed him with an arm.

Li Ze frowned, he kept thinking of what his father had said earlier; His father was the same as him before meeting his mother, his father and Uncle Lu’s relationship was similar to his and Lu Meng’s……

He watched the two Alphas opposite him joking together, not forgetting to pay attention to their Omegas from time to time.

This was a scene that he had witnessed since he was young, there was no longer anything unfamiliar about it, but when he tried to substitute it with him and Lu Meng, he suddenly felt it was unpleasant to look at.

Would he and Lu Meng be like this too in the future?

The two fathers sneezed in sync while drinking wine—

Father Li: “Do you still remember the time we went around lifting the skirts of Omegas?”

Father Lu: “Are you not ashamed?”

Father Li: “I played such a big role in helping you court your wife, what do I have to be ashamed of?”

Father Lu: “……”

The two Omega mothers sighed ruefully. If it weren’t for the apparent genetics, they would have long suspected that between Li Ze and Lu Meng, they might have carried the wrong child home……