Chapter 7: Refractory period

Once they had calmed down, Lu Meng reached out and pressed down on the area of Li Ze’s neck that had swelled up, curious: “This is your gland? Why is it swollen?”

Li Ze slapped his claw away and narrowed his eyes, mirroring Lu Meng’s actions and pressed down on the area he had almost bitten earlier, “So is yours.”

“Let me take a bite?” Lu Meng was all smiles as he coaxed the other. It looked tempting, and he was sure the flavour would be alluring even though he couldn’t pick up the scent himself.

Li Ze closed his eyes, knowing the other didn’t actually have the guts to do so. He pressed his lips into a thin line, “Sure, then you’ll let me have a bite too? Meng Meng.”

Lu Meng: “……”

……

“Oh right, you filled up the form too. What were your preferences?”

Li Ze thought of the blanks he had filled then crossed out, and huffed, obviously unwilling to discuss it.

“Come on, tell me……” Lu Meng leaned in, “What was your pheromone preference?” Li Ze was different from him, while he couldn’t pick up the scent of Omega pheromones, Li Ze could, but was unaffected by them.

Li Ze was pestered to the point of a headache. After something like this, wouldn’t a peaceful nap be better than talking about this? This little rascal was so rambunctious.

Still, he quirked his lips and ended up revealing what he had written on the form, “The woodsy scent of sun shining on hay, it’s faintly sweet.”

Lu Meng stared at him. He had only asked for fun and didn’t expect Li Ze to have such a detailed answer.

He turned around, dejected, “Oh……”

Li Ze was confused as he looked at his back. What was wrong? The unique woodsy scent that was permeating the air had even begun to take on a hint of bitterness.

“Don’t tell me you can’t even scent your own pheromones?”

Lu Meng smacked his hand away, “It tickles. And I can’t scent it.”

Li Ze stared at him, blank, “Then what did you write in that section?”

Lu Meng suddenly didn’t feel like telling him, lest Li Ze got complacent. Even though he couldn’t scent pheromones, the scent he found most comforting was the tobacco fragrance on Li Ze’s body……

“Lu Meng? Meng Meng?”

“Stop bothering me.”

Li Ze felt this was ridiculous, as if he had just been used and tossed away, and said sincerely: “You’re even more fickle than an Omega.”

Lu Meng huffed, then found an excuse for himself, “I’m in my refractory period.”

Li Ze: “……”