Chapter 14: The intentions are clear

Mama Lu truly acted fast. Even the agent was very pleased with the blind date partner he had matched this time.

Apart from being tall, most of the criteria from Lu Meng’s preferences were met, except for his pheromone scent.

“You graduated from military school?”

“Yeah, I only presented after graduating. Before that, I always thought I was a Beta.” The black-haired, dark-eyed Omega gave a shrug of his shoulders, as if to imply that even though he could no longer be at the frontline, he couldn’t go against something like fate.

Lu Meng continued to ask a few more questions, discovering that this youth was very logical and had great interest in the battlefield. He was flexible in his thinking, with a personality that was optimistic and rational.

The agent thought he could finally sell off this unmarketable product that was Major General Lu and started considering finding a male Omega for Major General Li as well.

“General, actually, I really respect you.” The black-haired youth was earnest.

“Me?”

“And General Li, too. The both of you are amazing.” The youth was even a little shy.

The agent prepared to leave them alone; It seems like this black-haired youth was satisfied with his Alpha blind date too.

Lu Meng asked a few more questions, eyes bright, before giving Li Ze a call, the other’s monotonous voice filtering in through his earphones—— “Finished with your blind date?”

“Not yet.” Lu Meng seemed to be in high spirits.

Li Ze paused, not saying anything.

“Why don’t you come over, let me introduce you to someone.”

Without waiting for a response, Lu Meng recited the address. Since the location was decided by his partner, this time they were meeting up at a café.

The agent was curious and asked: “Was that Madam Lu?”

Lu Meng shot him a look of astonishment, “Of course not.”

The black-haired youth was curious too.

Two minutes later, the sofa space beside Lu Meng sank down. Lu Meng hadn’t expected Li Ze to get here so fast, and thoroughly introduced the black-haired youth to him in detail.

Li Ze listened to the passionate way Lu Meng described the other, and closely examined the male Omega sitting opposite them. Lu Meng even praised the other’s accomplishments, abilities, and personality.

His heart squeezed uncomfortably. Alphas were not sensitive to pain, but that didn’t mean that they didn’t feel any pain. Li Ze was suddenly aware of his own feelings. The pain throbbed in his heart, coming in waves. It was blunt, like a knife hacking through flesh and blood.

Li Ze had always thought Omegas to be troublesome, but for the first time in his life, he wondered why he himself wasn’t an Omega.

How absurd.

“Li Ze?” Lu Meng called out to him.

The black-haired youth’s ears had flushed red, was he introducing himself to his friend?

Within the entire federation, even the empire was aware that the friendship between Lu Meng and Li Ze was incomparably tight knit. It was even said that in the future, should they both get married, their spouses would also be a pair of close friends.

“Lu Meng……” It was a long while before Li Ze managed to find his voice again, suppressing the hurt in his eyes with great difficulty, “If you’ve already decided, there’s no need to tell me.”

It was as if Li Ze had been split into two; One half of him was congratulating Lu Meng and wishing him happiness, but his other half was this close to biting down on Lu Meng’s neck.

Lu Meng felt that there was something particularly off about Li Ze today, “How could I decide something like this on my own?”

With a deep breath, Li Ze forcibly smothered his innate possessiveness as an Alpha, “…… He’s very suitable.”

“Right! I think he’s suitable too.” Lu Meng regarded the youth with a radiant smile: “If you still want to return to the army, just look for me or Li Ze. We can arrange for you to be assigned into the Intelligence Unit, there’s no need to be at the frontline. But I’d suggest you get married first; Even though inhibitors these days are well-developed, there may still be unexpected mishaps.”

Li Ze: “……” What is this idiot talking about?

The agent: “……” What the hell?!

The youth was dazed but nearly mad with joy. Even though this wasn’t the outcome he had initially expected, he never thought he would ever be allowed back onto the battlefield. This piece of news was literally like a meat pie that had fallen from the sky.

“Thank you, Generals.”

“Hm.” Li Ze extended his hand, “If you wish, we welcome you to join us.” He trusted Lu Meng’s insight, if he felt this person was suitable, then he must be suitable.

These few people still had things to say, but at that moment, the communication device in Li Ze and Lu Meng’s hands lit up, and the Marshal’s voice came through, “Li Ze, Lu Meng. Report to your stations immediately.”

“Yes, Marshal!”

They met each other’s eyes and rushed out of the café.

Left behind were an elated black-haired youth and a dejected agent, and……

At the table behind them, two Omega mothers had sunk into quiet contemplation.

Mama Lu compared the forms that Lu Meng and Li Ze had filled in previously and let out a sigh.

Mama Li’s lips trembled, “Xiao-Ze, he… He didn’t even notice us when he came in earlier.”

It was understandable if it had been Lu Meng, but Li Ze’s sense of awareness was ranked SSS. Considering Li Ze’s expression back then, Mama Li understood her son very well, and knew that the vague premonition in her heart had finally been realized.

Were it not for this, she and Madam Lu wouldn’t have been this urgent in arranging blind dates for them.

“If they really like each other……” Mama Lu looked at the two forms. Had it been unrequited from just one party, then it didn’t matter, but these two forms perfectly described the other’s outline.

“But, can two Alphas really be together?”

Neither mother gave an answer, but for the first time, felt that if they really did get together, it wouldn’t be too bad.

Or else, should each of them get married and have children, it would be too cruel to their respective spouses.