Chapter 19: Almost quit

Lu Meng secretly stole into the doctor's office.

"Ahem..."

"Doctor." Adopting a nonchalant attitude, Lu Meng straightened his collar, "I'm here to collect my pheromone report."

The doctor glanced at him, "Yours should be the one on the table. Make sure to guard it well."

"Of course, thank you for your hard work."

Swiftly, Lu Meng snatched up Li Ze's report and left the laboratory. Considering his guilty actions, he didn't stop to wonder, if the report in his possession belonged to Li Ze, then where was his own?

......

"Ah!"

"You're being so antsy." Li Ze supported him with a hand.

Lu Meng picked up the pleasant scent of tobacco on his body, and felt his addiction flaring up, "Give me a cigarette."

"I thought you didn't like smoking?" Despite saying this, Li Ze still pulled a cigarette from his box and handed it over to him.

"Why're you being so amiable today?" Lu Meng cast him a look of suspicion, but was unfortunately unable to figure out the reason why,

"Smoke less."

"I know, I've almost quit, unlike you." Lu Meng sized him up with narrowed eyes.

"My tobacco addiction was never as bad as yours."

Lu Meng rolled his eyes. Who would believe that? The scent of tobacco blanketed the other every day. Even though it smelled nice, it wasn't good for his health.

Except he was in a hurry to return home and look through the report, so he ran off after only these few sentences. It's no wonder he didn't notice how Li Ze suddenly became more relaxed after he left. Hidden behind Li Ze's back was an envelope, with a report that was exactly the same as his. On it was written-- Major General Lu Meng.