Chapter ten: The villain that survived Bond

James gave you a black box with a button on it.

"How many explosives do we have?" You asked.

"Only to blow up one room." James said. "Use it when you need it." You nodded. James and Nomi ran off and left you with Madeleine and Mathilde. Madeleine looked at you warily and clutched Mathilde tighter. You walked away, not caring if they followed. A guard came around the corner and you punched him. He stumbled back and you yanked the gun from his hands. You shot him. You ran down the hallway, not knowing where you were going. You let your legs lead you. Every guard that passed you was shot. Your phone buzzed. It was James.

We found him. Are you sure you want us to do this?

You stopped and typed back.

Are you seriously asking me this? He's evil!

But he's your father y/n!

So? Do it. He needs to be stopped.

Okay. Get Madeleine and Mathilde out of here.

Oh god, I'm not with them!

Find them! And get them off the island! If you don't I'll-

Don't trust me James?

I trust you.

Don't worry, I've got this.

You shoved your phone back in your pocket and ran back towards where you last saw Madeleine and Mathilde. Thank god they were near there.

"James wants you to get off the island." You said.

"And why should we trust you?" Madeleine asked. You turned on your phone and showed Madeleine the text.

"Trust me now?" You asked. Madeleine hesitated then nodded. "Follow me." They followed you through the weaving tunnels of the poison garden, shooting any Safin men that got in your way.

"So you're Safin's kid?" Madeleine asked.

"Yeah." You said. "Is that a problem?" You knew it was.

"Yes!" Madeleine said. "He killed my mother!"

"And your father killed my entire family." You retorted. Madeleine shut up and followed you. You waited for the gunshots, signifying your fathers death, but they didn't come. You waited, leading Madeleine through the endless tunnels of the island facility. There were no gunshots. You texted James.

Why haven't you killed him yet? Do you need help? 

James responded immediately, as if he was waiting for me to text.

No. We aren't going to kill him.

What?! Why?!

We can put him in prison!

His men will come after him. He has more followers than you know.

More than specter?

I don't know.

"Who are you texting?" Madeleine asked.

"James."

"Is he going to kill Safin?"

"What? Why not?!" Madeleine asked. You showed her the text. "James should kill Safin!" Madeleine stated.

"Yeah." You said. "We know that."

"Where are we going?" Madeleine asked.

"I don't know." You said.

"We need to know where we're going!" Madeleine said. "James needs to know where we are!"

"Then let's go find James." You said, pulling out your phone.

Where are you?

A few seconds later James responded.

In a hallway.

You rolled your eyes.

That's not very specific. We should meet somewhere.

Like where?

Let's meet at the garden.

But we were just there!

So you'll get back easy.

You turned around and led Madeleine towards the garden.

"Are we meeting James?" Madeleine asked. God, this woman asks too many questions.

"Yes." You said exasperatedly. "What'd you think, we were going as far away from James and Nomi as possible?"

"Yes." Madeleine said. You looked back at her.

"James and Nomi are my friends. Why would I go away from them?"

"Because you're Safin's daughter." Madeleine said. Your instincts kicked in and you punched her in the stomach. Madeleine coughed.

"Why should I trust you?" You said. "Why should James and the rest of MI6 trust you? You're specter!" You punched her again in the stomach and Mathilde started crying. "You're saying my father tried to kill you when he saved you from drowning! Do you hear me?! He saved your life! And I really wish he hadn't! Because then I would still have a father!" Madeleine looked up at you.

"I don't have a father, I have no one."

"You have James and Mathilde!" You said. "I, on the other hand, have a lying, abandoning, evil father! So, I'm alone and you have everything!" You turned around, feeling tears come to your eyes. "You can find James on your own."

As if trying to persuade me that she was unlucky Madeleine said; "I was there when Safin murdered my mother."

"At least you knew your mother." You said. "At least you had a family. Mine was murdered before I was born, before my father had evil thoughts running around in his head." You walked off. "Think about that, if you're tiny self obsessed brain can handle it."