Come With Me?

-Y/N POV-

It had been hours of paperwork, talking, and reporting to police and UNIT. After I had finished talking to another policeman I finally got to breathe for a second.

"Psssh" I heard a whisper. "Psssshh, y/n" I felt a tap on my shoulder and of course, it was the doctor. "Let's sneak out of here shall we?" He held out his arm like a gentleman. I laughed and gladly wrapped my arm in his.

After the day me and the doctor had it felt nice just to walk the streets of London for a while. Even when I had been working in this town for months I still never managed to see the city. I haven't had time to stop and look at how beautiful the city truly was. I stopped the doctor, we were on a bridge overlooking the London eye.

"Are you okay y/n? I'm not walking too fast, am I? A friend of mine told me once I had too long of legs and I told her I said,"

"It's so beautiful," I said cutting him off in his rant. I gestured to the eye and the temes underneath it.

"Yes, it is."

"I see why you chose to land here all those years ago." He came up and stood next to me.

"It wasn't by choice." He looked down. "You once asked me about others, like me." I nodded. "My planet, Gallifrey was its name." He took a deep breath. "The time lords, that's what I am a time lord...my species that's it."

I could tell it was hard for him to tell me about his home. "What happened Doctor?"

"There was a war. The time war, I fought in it, well we all did. But it wasn't enough, when we lost it whipped off my entire planet. Everyone just gone. Just I survived."

"But you must have someone? Someone, to be with you? Martha traveled with you. She told me, you show people stars, moons, galaxies." The things I'd do to touch those stars.

"Yeah." He said clicking his teeth together then taking a deep breath. The Doctor broke our eye contact. "Right! What a day huh, y/n l/n! And weren't you brilliant! Giving report to all those people!" I blushed.

"I know, torchwood is gone. How crazy is that Wow." I laughed. "Guess that makes me unemployed." We kept walking down the London streets. Until a glorious smell came along. "Oh my god, do you smell that?"

"I believe that's," the Doctor whiffed the air. "Fish, tilapia specifically, and chips." We both smiled at one another.

"I've never had it."

"Whot? Well, let this spaceman treat you to one of the best intergalactic foods." He said with a wink.

"Alright but your buying." He reached in his pants and pulled out empty pockets. "Fine, I'll pay." We laughed and entered the restaurant.

-Doctors POV-

Me and y/n ate and ate until we were stuffed. As we sat at the restaurant it all sank into her that it was over. "I'm not even sure what I'll do next," she said. "No one wants an astronomer who almost ruined the world and worked with Torchwood." She took a deep breath and ran her fingers through her h/c hair.

"I think, you took down torchwood and even I couldn't have done that. Well, I won't say that." We laughed and I threw her a wink.
As we left the restaurant we walked in silence. It was obvious the goodbye we were both trying to avoid. But then there she was.

"I'll never get used to seeing that blue box," she smiled. The joy in her eyes made my heart flutter, no one has ever looked at the Tardis like that but me.

"Sometimes I think I don't deserve her." I patted the door.

"Her? Oh, it's a she," She snorted. "Sorry, ma'am I didn't know you were a woman."

"If it pleases you to know she has always stuck with me. My favorite travel companion." We laughed together. Thinking about how strange me and the Tardis relationship was.
But I had to rip the bandaid off, it was so hard, cause I knew this time was goodbye.

So I opened the Tardis door, but y/n grabbed my hand stopping me.
"Doctor wait,"

"Yes." I stared, her e/c eyes looked red. I wouldn't be able to handle it if she was going to cry. But in this moment it felt like time had stopped and both my hearts stopped as well.

"Just promise me something. Just one thing."
I wanted to say anything and everything but I kept it inside. "Find someone, anyone, just don't be alone."

"Ah you know me I'll be fine." I held out my hand. "Y/n l/n, I'll say it again you were brilliant!" She reached out and shook my hand.

"And so were you, Doctor." And slowly I let her go and entered the Tardis. And the moments the door closed I put my head against them, why?
Walking over to the center console I switched on the Tardis and as she wheeze deeply.
"Yes yes I know, I'm an idiot." I replied back to her.

-Y/N POV-

I watched the Tardis fade, my chest dropped. Unable to stop it I turned around and started hyperventilating, my cheeks slowly being stained with tears. After months and months of searching for that man, I just let him go. Seeing him again, it felt right. I felt alive.
"I'm an idiot," I said to myself.

I needed to see those stars even if it was just a second. Trying to stop the tears from falling my vision got very blurry. Rain trickled the top of my head and started to fall all around me. Walking away in the rain I knew it was over.

Until...
Just then in the distance, I heard that familiar wheezing, the Tardis. "Great now I'm imagining things!" I yelled out. "Why?!"

But then I heard the screech of that door and I turned around and there he was. He just stood there.
We both were breathing heavily.
His hair and face was damp from the rain. And he wasn't wearing his long trench coat, he always wore that stupid coat.
Was he alarmed? Disheveled? Why did he come back? A million questions ran through my mind.

All I knew was that look, that look he had on his face.
In his eyes was that fire, the fire that he saved me from, that night we met.

But now I knew it was my turn to save him.

Both of us now soaked, the Tardis started to hum like it was calling me. I felt the pull.

He reached out his hand.
"Come with me."

With that, he didn't need to say anything more because within seconds I was running, sprinting towards him. Entering the Tardis.

Where I belong.