An Invitation

"Doctor come on! Hurry!" I watched him through the screen run around the spaceships corner. Sliding on his converse rubber souls.

"Keep stearing her!" The Doctor yelled as he turned back to face the Slitheens chasing him. I on the other hand held tight to the Tardis console, pushing buttons and levers to steer. "Are you holding the toggle switch?"

"There 3,000 toggle switches, is that the blue one?" I yelled into the mic.

"No I said not blue!" He replied back. I mimicked his attitude. He pointed out his sonic, cranked the handle on his new invented headset (which I was talking and seeing him through). "Y/n get ready!"

"I am ready!" I said through the rope between my teeth, holding another lever back. The Doctor turned around back to the slitheens and started running and running down the spaceships airlock. He soniced the door open and as the airlock opened and jumped.
That's when I released the rope and ran to push the Tardis doors open.
The Doctor came flying from empty space into the Tardis very quickly, so without having time to move. Thud.
He landed right on top of me.

We looked into each others eyes, noses touching we were so close.

"Doctor?"

"Yes"

"Your crushing me," I mumbled. Pretending I was out of breath.

"Right sorry, back to the matter at hand." the doctor ran to the tardis console take back control of the steering. He pulled the screen over analyzing it.

"Everything okay?"

"Yes sorry, just worried about the Slitheen following us but no worry all gone." I walked over leaning against the console. "Fantasic steering by the way!"
I reached out for a high five and he surprisingly returned it. "Now next stop!"

Suddenly two knocks came from the tardis door. "Doctor did someone just knock?"

"Knocking in space?" My eyes went big, how could that be possible? The doctor slowly approached the doors. He turned to shush me which I replied to with a sarcastic shrug. He threw the doors open and a white light filled cube flew straight into his hands. "Whot?"

"Doctor what is it?" I ran to him to look closer at the glowing cube.

"Oh that that is amazing! No seriously I've got chills!" He smiled widely with so much excitement. Like a kid on Christmas. I raised my eyebrows at him in confusion. "Oh yes y/n I've got mail!"

-

The Doctor was quick to opening the cube with his sonic screwdriver. He was basically jumping with anticipation. I just sat on the sofa and blushed at how cute it was to see him so happy. We'd been traveling together now for over 6 months and had become very close very quick. But sometimes there would be moments were he would get distant, and something would just be off with him. So in this moment I was taking in his smile. "Ah ha!" The Doctor laughed. I looked over to see him holding a small piece of paper.

"You got it out!"

"Oh yes! Come on y/n admit it I am good." He threw me a wink.

"Oy spaceman watch the ego," I laughed. "So what is it?" The Doctor unrolled the piece of paper and furrowed his brow. His eyes went big.

"I think we just got invited to Bachs Birthday party."

- Doctor POV-

"Okay your joking right? Bach? One of the best composers ever! Why and how did he mail you?" Obviously y/n had lots of questions. While all I could do was run around, trying to connect the Tardis to the mail cube.