Love Heals Wounds

-Y/n POV-

Blinking awake, I looked around to see the dark gold and blue accents, the familiar smells, and the loud wheezing of the tardis. My head was aching, I sat up and looked down at my palms. Moving around the room felt different, my legs wobbly. As I approached a mirror I glanced at myself for a second.

No scar, above my eyebrow. I had regenerated! I glanced to the other parts of my face, gawking at the wrinkles starting to form around my eyes. "I've aged," my hair lighter now, my eyes a bit hazier. I'd say I aged forward about five or so years.

Suddenly I remembered, panicking I grabbed a robe from the wardrobe next to me, running to the console room. "Doctor! Doctor!" running up the stairs and landing straight into the tardis' center I realized the doors were open.

A familiar air swept in through the tardis. I walked out to see the doctor standing there in his trench coat, he was looking off into the distance with his hands in his pockets. I glanced up to see the most beautiful landscape my new eyes had seen. The red clouded sky, the orange sand beneath my feet. It was gallifrey, it was home. My eyes started to water with tears. I grazed the doctors hand, he jumped but then smiled when we locked eyes.

"How...how are we?" I tried to form words.

"It's not real," the doctor said. "It's a memory, my memory. We're on the planet Zulia they have a sort of beaming device that lets me project my memories." he looked down at me. "I just, I just wanted you to see it. Where we come from."

"I remember... The master planted visions of gallifrey in my mind, remember?"

"What memories?"

"Like when he looked into the untempered schism, or the two of you playing together as kids, the time war." I sat there in the fake façade of Gallifrey, next to the Doctor. He listened to my stories of years spent with the master and the years before that. We sat in silence for a moment, my head rested on his shoulder. "You restored my memories? Why?"

He inhaled deeply, "everyone deserves to know who they really are and where they come from." I thought hard trying to remember the beginning of my life but it was all so hazy, like a out of focus picture. "It will take awhile for it all to come back." The Doctor placed his hand on my leg reassuringly.

"It doesn't seem real, I still feel human. It's all I've ever known really." I looked down at my hands, the left over regeneration energy flowing through my veins. "Well," I looked at the doctors face. Those golden brown eyes, a steady fire behind them, his swooped up hair, his mind was racing I could tell. I placed my hand to his cheek, "we have to be around the same age, in human years at least."

The Doctor threw his head back in laughter, "so in normal human years how old am I?"

"Hmmmm, 32?"

The doctor gasped. "Excuse me! Well your at least 30!"

"Oi watch it!" We joked back and forth, enjoying the peace and laugher. I noticed I was spinning the gold band around my ring finger. "So this? Is it real?"

The Doctor held up his hand to my face. "I've kept my vow." I laughed.

"So where now? Two immortals in one Tardis seems... well it hasn't happened ever has it."

"Well jack?!"

"You abandoned him!" I shouted breaking the obvious tension. It was clear I still had a small grudge against the Doctor for the seven or so years. And the adrenaline from the regeneration had me on edge, I was sure. "I'm sorry." I sat there and thought, imagining a true forever life with the Doctor. Me and him, in the Tardis, new planets, new aliens and creatures, a repeat of adventure and adventure. Then I thought back to New York, our little front porch, our weekend dinners with friends, jack teaching the Doctor a new dance in our living room.