Planet Eurmia: Part two

"And last but not least our common area." The base opened up to a glass cafe-type room. The gray tables and chairs fill the space. "Doctor and Doctor L/n this is professor Lanes." Mamrie guided us to the edge of the room where four people sat.

A middle-aged man in a sweater and lab coat approached us, he tried to fix his disheveled gray curls. "Not one but two doctors how lucky are we! I will definitely need to pick your brains later." He shook our hands excitedly.

"And this is Sam head of greenhouse engineering, Crai his wife." A woman with purple skin popped out from behind the corner I could feel my eyes get big.

"Now don't stare," the Doctor bent down and whispered in my ear. I replied sorry as mamrie went on with introductions.

"Last but not least this is Captain Grayte." The large man stood up and saluted both me and the Doctor.

"Mr. and Mrs. Doctor I presume?"

Me and the Doctor both looked at each other blushing, "No no we're not married," we both said sporadically pointing at one another.

-

"So why come here? Why create a giabiodome?" I sat talking with Sam the engineer.

"What planet have you been living on?" He laughed at me. As if I was out of touch.

"Let's just say I'm far away from home," I ushered for him to continue explaining.

"We'll about 1,200 years ago spaceship earth left the burning planet and went out searching for a new planet. When we found this micro planet that had similar atmospheres as earth, we started project utopia. Because," the Doctor walked over and stood behind me.

"This planet's ecosystem cannot sustain humans can it?" The Doctor cut it. Sam nodded. Mamrie walked over with the captain.

"That's enough now, Doctor how did you get here?" The captain interrupted
the Doctor and Sam.

"Well I have a sort of ship, and we just landed here, I picked up some kind of distress call?" Expecting nods of understanding the room was quiet. "You did send a distress call, didn't you?" They all nodded no.

"Doctor?" I turned towards him. "If they didn't send a distress call then who did?"

-

Suddenly the Doctor and crew went into a frenzy. I rushed around the laboratory and greenhouse searching for any kind of signal with the doctor's sonic screwdriver. Crai decided to follow along.  I learned that she was part of an alien race called the malmooth, from the planet Malcassario. Her planet and species originated from a type of insect. It explained more of her purple and green color.

"So how long have you and Sam been married?" I said trying to have a casual conversation with the first alien I've met, well other than the Doctor.

"Cho ever since he came to my planet tho." She giggled. "Cho he told me he was transporting space waste for our village leader. But in fact, he's just too shy to ask me out tho." Her face lit up. It was nice seeing that in the future aliens and humans bond. Hell, they even fall in love.

"I think it's great," she looked at me confused. "Where I come from humans and aliens don't even... coexist." The sonic kept beeping slowly in the background of our conversation, no signal yet.

"Cho what about you and the Doctor tho? Cho You...coexists as you say tho?" I felt my face blush.

"No it's um different he asked me to travel with him. He saved my life, you know like it was nothing. I'm not even sure I've ever thanked him." I thought how crazy the last months of my life had been. And how strange the Doctor and I relationship sounded on paper. "But he just picked me up and gave me the dream I've always wanted. Sometimes I think I don't even deserve it."