A Masquerade

Long chapter ahead! P.s I added an updated part to last chapter so I would go back and read the end :)

Me and the Doctor looked at each other and excused ourselves for a moment. We found a small corner of the villa to hide behind, well a pillar. Only the corner was very small so me and the Doctor stood chest to chest whispering, "Doctor I may not be as verse in time travel as you but did you just realize that it's March 1750? And bachs birthday?!"

"I...I did yes..."

"Yes the year Bach dies and all his last pieces go missing." He nodded while he bit his lip in embarrassment.

"We should have never of come," the Doctor said anxiously.

-

Quickly we ran to the Tardis. But the Doctor had other ideas instead of leaving. "Something is wrong, god think think!!!" He hit his hand up on his temples and ran his hands roughly through his hair. It stuck up like he was just electrocuted.

I went over to him and smoothed his hair back. I moved my hand down to his cheek,
"Doctor it's okay, come on the Tardis must have some information on Bach, 1750 or anything that can help us! Good news is he doesn't die till July, I guess."

"The library! Come on!" He grabbed my hand and started leading me down the Tardis hallways. "I think it's this way, next to the pool."

"You have pool?"

"Bigger on the inside remember. Come y/n Allonsy!"

-

We spent hours delving into all the books the Doctor had on Bach. I mainly tried to take in the visual of the Tardis library, it was huge, 4 or 5 stories with a glass window out to space.

Eventually we found what we needed and headed back to bachs villa. The Doctor sat me down before all the guests arrived.

"So ah, here we are," he spread out sheets of music along with some newspaper articles. "Bach dies in July and it's March, well in these articles Bach says that him and his orchestra will be premiering his new pieces in June!"

"So why is he saying he'll premiere it now. What changed?"

"We'll that's the question, this article says that tonight there'll be a fire in this house which is not owned by Bach in this article."

"So someone has hired Bach or gave him this house to play his new pieces at the masquerade?" The Doctor nodded, everything was laid out and even though it was complicated history, one thing was evident. Someone needed Bach to play the lost music, but why?
A knock came to the door we quickly hid our evidence under the bed.

"Miss Y/n?" I stood up and walked to the door.

"Anna! Hi, is everything ready for the party?" She nodded. I tried to keep the door cracked so she wouldn't see the Doctor and the newspapers.

"Just to get you ready?" My eyebrows raised I totally forgot about Anna's "makeover" project. I left the room willingly and promised to meet up with the Doctor at the masquerade later.

-

Hours passed and finally I was done being powdered, poofed and prodded. I stood up and spun around to face a mirror, I gasped. I did look...beautiful. But my face was hidden, I hope the doctor would be able to recognize me, in any way.

-Doctor POV-

I slid among the crowd to finally find Bach prepping his orchestra on stage. The ballroom was filled with masked strangers, lush desserts and grand decorations. But I was more worried about y/n and the fire. Bach would not die tonight. "Bach," he turned around.